Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

good weekend sport car that complement well with model 3 owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was really looking at e9X M3s (can't get the sound of that engine out of my dreams) but I think I missed the depreciation train on that one. Nice examples seem to be skyrocketing in value.

I briefly considered Cayman/Boxster but I think I've ultimately decided I want the next thing to be 2+2 so I can eventually take both kids with me on fun runs. I have a M2 headed my way now; we'll see if it checks all the boxes for everything I want :)
Congrats on the M2! Enjoy that awesome turbo I6 engine!

The best car to compliment a zero emission vehicle, is a zero emission equipment vehicle from the 60's.

There's not one single piece of emission equipment, and not one single piece of safety equipment, except for dealer installed seat belts, on my 65 Jaguar E-Type.

2017-05-05 19.20.05-1.jpg

My M3P is going to be my weekend sport car. I'm not interested in going back to the complexities and maintenance of ICE. If I had a ton of cash, the Porsche Taycan would be really nice too.
LOL. Not in the cold. You'll soon sadly find out at temps near 0. There is some serious nerfing of the power below 80%. Above 10* it's fine it seems. You get good performance down to about 30-40%. I'm hoping this car gets better as it gets warmer.

+1 for the Subaru WRX, also known as "the poorman's Porche". That was my daily driver before I got my P3D. I have previously owned an Audi, a BMW, and a Lexus. Of all of my previous cars, the only one I still miss is the WRX. I loved carving through canyon roads with the 6-speed manual. Plus the Harmon Kardon stereo is killer!

Reactions: BrianBigNFun
With the significant holding costs (insurance, registration, oil changes, tune ups, depreciation etc) of a 2nd "fun" car, it perhaps makes better sense to just upgrade to the P version of your Tesla. Can become your go to car for both economy and fun.

Don't miss that a fun car is a good chance to make money with a collectible since you drive it only on nice days and you are able to keep the miles low.

I have more than doubled my money on my gated Lamborghini Murcielago in 5 years based on recent auction sales. My Lotus Esprit V8 has also doubled in 7 years. My E-Type is flat so far after 4 years, but I bought that to enjoy with my dad since that's his all-time favorite car, and not as an investment.

Can you image being paid 6 figures in profit for driving a Lambo?

Reactions: holmgang
Try a Mini Cooper S
$30k well equipped, great fun and fast enough. I’ve had Corvettes, Shelby GT 350, AMG GTS, Porsches etc. I can’t fit in an MX5, Mini checks many boxes while being cheap enough to not worry.
View attachment 659869

I agree. My weekend car is a 6 spd manual, Cooper S convertible - sidewalk edition.

Despite being way slower than our MS & MX, nothing beats rowing your own gears with the top down on a nice sunny day. And the way the Mini corners... hmmm 😍

19CEF8C1-5E01-4E49-855A-1CE5E4389D9D.jpeg

Miata, Cayman, Corvette are my top 3. But GTR, 911, and M2 all would have a back seat to take kids for a fun ride. Probably will just get my 240 out of storage and running again someday tho. Not a track car, and doesn't really handle that great but so easy and so much fun to get the rear end loose and control it.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
hello all,

model 3 has been my daily driver between work and home during the week. It makes daily commute much more relaxed on highway with autopilot with heavy traffic. But sometimes I miss the engine sound and mechanical sound of gear shifting and clutch. I am thinking to buy a weekend sport car. what is good weekend sport car that complement well with model 3 owners ? thanks!
I have been driving since high school, and that was a long time ago, (grad 1950). I have gotten more favorable comments about the appearance of my Fiat 124 Abarth Spider than any car I have owned. It is a really fun sports car to drive. It is really peppy with its turbo 4 cyl engine, since it weighs only 2400 lbs