Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good window tint shops in Socal area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys/gals,

Had my Model 3 for about a month now, looking to tint my windows to reduce heat in my car. Does anyone know any good window tint shops in Socal area? I am in the SGV, the closer the better, but I don't mind driving a bit further if it's good.

What kind of tint should I be doing? I am thinking of doing 3M ceramics for all of the windows, maybe 3M crystalline on the Windshield (not sure), would this be a good combo? What other kind of tint should I be looking for?

Also, does anyone here recommend tinting the windshield to reduce heat? I have heard that wearing polarized glasses will give you weird rainbow effects with windshield tint, is that true?

Sunshield Tint in Van Nuys (close to Van Nuys and Ventura). Don't go anywhere else. Ask for Hamid. He is the guru of all gurus when it comes to tint. I've been taking my cars to him for the past 20 years and he is also the trusted tint guy for many of the car dealers (including exotics) in the San Fernando Valley.

Reactions: MikeR55
Sunshield Tint in Van Nuys (close to Van Nuys and Ventura). Don't go anywhere else. Ask for Hamid. He is the guru of all gurus when it comes to tint. I've been taking my cars to him for the past 20 years and he is also the trusted tint guy for many of the car dealers (including exotics) in the San Fernando Valley.

I have noticed quite a few forum members recommending this as well. How much and what kind of tint did you get yours tinted for?

I just had my Model 3 tinted at Rodz Tint (Fountain Valley). I'm very pleased with result.
Excellent communication before and during the installation.

Rodz Tint Shop • 16560 Harbor Blvd Ste F, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 • (714) 760-4228https://www.rodztintshop.com/

These guys did a terrible job on my 3 and refused to make it right. There are still dust bubbles everywhere on all the windows. I would never recommend them to anyone...

I have noticed quite a few forum members recommending this as well. How much and what kind of tint did you get yours tinted for?
I can vouch for this place as well. They put my tint on, then removed the whole thing because they thought they messed up. Turned out to be a scratch on my windscreen that I was aware of. So they won’t just slap on a tint and call it good unless they are satisfied. I ended up getting ceramic tints all around and it cost roughly $700. Sure it’s expensive, but I spend about 3 hours driving in my car each day so keeping the sun from burning me is definitely worth the price.

I'm in San Diego looking for the same advice. Never got windows tinted on any car in my life but I want to treat myself this week for my birthday.

I know the laws, but outside of that...I have no idea what I want to do..I was thinking just the side windows and leave the rear and windshields stock...

Anyone recommend anything in San Diego? (every time I ask this, I get 100 answers, its overwhelming).

I just had my Model 3 tinted at Rodz Tint (Fountain Valley). I'm very pleased with result.
Excellent communication before and during the installation.

Rodz Tint Shop • 16560 Harbor Blvd Ste F, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 • (714) 760-4228https://www.rodztintshop.com/

I second this. They did a great job on my car. Dropped the car off at the appointment time, walked to get some lunch and ready to go when I returned.

I'm in San Diego looking for the same advice. Never got windows tinted on any car in my life but I want to treat myself this week for my birthday.

I know the laws, but outside of that...I have no idea what I want to do..I was thinking just the side windows and leave the rear and windshields stock...

Anyone recommend anything in San Diego? (every time I ask this, I get 100 answers, its overwhelming).

For San Diego, I would strongly recommend Monumental Workx in La Jolla area. They do great work and if there are any issues, they are more than willing to correct it and fix it. I am VERY picky about the tint meeting the top of the window line so that when you roll it down, you don't see any gap. I wasn't too happy with a few windows and they didn't even hesitate to take the care and redo it so I was happy. I am really happy with these guys.

Address: 5292 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: (858) 291-8200
Appointments: monumentalworkx.com

Another vote for Sunshield in Sherman Oaks. They have a glass window through to the work area so you can watch their technicians in action. Watching their guy install the tint on my back window, all in one piece of course, was like watching an artisan craftsman in action. He put down the rear seat. He then laid down on his back to install the tint above him, like Michaelangelo working on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel. Tint came out perfect.

And I highly recommend the Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic tint. I love the way it looks and the heat rejection is very noticeable.

Hey guys/gals,

Had my Model 3 for about a month now, looking to tint my windows to reduce heat in my car. Does anyone know any good window tint shops in Socal area? I am in the SGV, the closer the better, but I don't mind driving a bit further if it's good.

What kind of tint should I be doing? I am thinking of doing 3M ceramics for all of the windows, maybe 3M crystalline on the Windshield (not sure), would this be a good combo? What other kind of tint should I be looking for?

Also, does anyone here recommend tinting the windshield to reduce heat? I have heard that wearing polarized glasses will give you weird rainbow effects with windshield tint, is that true?

Extreme Autowerks
www.extremeautowerks.net
Facebook - www.facebook.com/extremeaw

Check out Extreme's Facebook or Instagram page. They do tons of Teslas and carries the best heat blocking window film in the industry. Spectra Photosync IRD. Spectra PhotoSync IRD® | Prestige

We've tested it against the likes of all of the major brands and Photosync IRD stands out above the others. The IRD like came out last year and improved what was already the best in the industry. There are lots of posts on the forums about Photosync. Hope this helps.