TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Good Window Tinting in St. Petersburg / Clearwater / Tampa Area

Discussion in 'Florida' started by zzzzdoc, Dec 29, 2014.

1. zzzzdoc

zzzzdoc Member

Two questions, really. What do people think is the best window tint to reject heat and not interfere with radio / key / Bluetooth, etc.. signals. I have Huber Optik on my Lexus, and AM reception was destroyed by it. I was looking into Prestige Photosync , 3M™ Crystalline Automotive Film, Formula One Performance Film.

I really don't want it too dark, as I'll have issues seeing out of it. On the other hand, I'd love maximum IR blockage.

Also, who do people recommend as a really good / best window tinter in the Tampa Bay area.

2. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Precision Tint 727.385.8788

They did Crystalline on my car and it turned out awesome!

3. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Make sure you go with a ceramic tint. Metalized and dyed tint interfere with the cars wireless signals. I had mine done at Window Kote of Largo on Ulmerton and Seminole Blvd. I have Llumar tint on mine. Love it. Now that I've had mine done, I do wish I'd a gone darker. Make sure wherever you go knows how the window goes down as the door is opened.

4. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I'm thinking about tinting also. Maybe we can get a discount if we both go at the same time. PM me if you would like to try to coordinate.

Of course, my outdated and obsolete 2013 P85 might not be worthy of being next to your D.:smile:

5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

I was pleased with the job Precision Tint did on my Model S as well.

I prefer a light tint and went with 70% 3M Crystalline all the way around, including the windshield. I left the panoramic roof with just the factory tint.

The tint has good solar heat rejection, but the windows and windshield look like they just have the original factory tint.

Larry

6. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

FIPete is associated with some folks in Tampa who did mine with Crystalline. I'm happy with it but the rear window does show a slight bluish hue from the outside, as someone complained about in the giant window tint thread.

Pete did the tint along with paint correction, XPel, and Opticoat in the first week after the car arrived. Can't beat the convenience of one stop shopping along with Pete's excellent work and attention to detail. He's also a sponsor of the Florida section of this board, so there's a sticky thread with his info at the top.

7. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

I had mine done by tint studio photsync
    35 percent all around
    and looks great
    you can check all our tint jobs on jan 8 at quaker Steak
    And we can look at your tiny frunk lol ( and massive dual electric motors )

8. zzzzdoc

zzzzdoc Member

Sob.... Frunk envy.

It makes my frunk monkey more cozy, though.

9. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

It seems like you now have quite a few good choices. Now all you have to decide on is price. Check out the tint jobs this Thursday.

10. getprotected

getprotected New Member

To answer Lawsteve's question, yes,Precision Window Films will give group discounts however the vehicles would need to be done at the same time or at least scheduled with a deposit.

11. 2Ts4me

2Ts4me Member

Also, who do people recommend as a really good / best window tinter in the Tampa Bay area.[/QUOTE]

Here's your guy: Apollo Window Tint: 727-372-5448. He's done 10 cars for me plus my home. Whatever he recommends is what you do.