Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye Federal $7,500 tax credit - no way it survives Trump/Senate/House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see. In the USA we simply send the poor a check and tell them to disappear.

We don't want to give them jobs, we just want them hidden.

EDIT: We even stopped stopped the checks and food stamps. We just put money in their ATM card now so they don't need to face their neighbors who work.

I was born poor in a minority neighborhood to a single mother with 3 other kids.

I know how to mow a lawn, clean windows, pull weeds, and do some things that a 10 year old should not have to do to keep food on the table.

I hate Government Cheese, Powdered Milk, Peanut Butter you must stir, Pears in a can, Honey, etc.

I am successful today NOT because of President Johnson or Carter, but because of President Reagan. Because I mowed lawns, threw 4 OC Register routes, and worked at McDonald's as a breakfast cook while helping support my family.

I can write a check for any Tesla made today, and it won't bounce. Not because of Washington DC, but because of my mom, my brothers and sisters, and my callouses. Chump change.

My employees are doing well also. No thanks to Washington DC or Sacramento.

EVs must succeed because they are superior to ICE. Making them a Federal Mandate will hurt more that it will help.
+1

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
It makes perfect sense to play up the coal job thing in a campaign but subsidizing coal will not bring many coal jobs back, even with Trump being friendly with coal why would a ultility want to build a coal plant over a nat gas one? Trump's administration may only last four years, with the next administration likely being hostile to coal again, deregulation of the epa will only make nat gas fracking more competitive with coal. And like with other forms of production and manufacturing increasing machinery and automation has made coal production less dependent on labor. A trend that wont reverse even if coal output is increased.

We should just rebrand solar energy as "Bright Coal", then maybe West Virginia wouldn't be so averse to it.

But you are assuming he actually meant that, rather than just saying it to get their vote

Sure, but if you're going to completely ignore what he says, then you can be just as right arguing that he's going to recruit his children to personally start installing free solar panels nationwide.

Who knows what's going to happen. Today it looks like he's going to keep the fundamentals of the ACA. Though he'll probably change it enough to be able to call it TrumpCare. Heck, we may even end up with a public option. Or single payer!

It's all up in the air. There are no real valid future predictions.

***MOD NOTE***

Okay, fun time is over. I hope all were able to let off all the steam needed, because from now on
we will have only decorum, and that of the highest order.

Besides, these Mod Notes are suffering from a bit of overuse.

Reactions: brianman
Sure, but if you're going to completely ignore what he says, then you can be just as right arguing that he's going to recruit his children to personally start installing free solar panels nationwide.

Who knows what's going to happen. Today it looks like he's going to keep the fundamentals of the ACA. Though he'll probably change it enough to be able to call it TrumpCare. Heck, we may even end up with a public option. Or single payer!

It's all up in the air. There are no real valid future predictions.

After discounting what he said during the campaign, you can use what he said and did prior to his candidacy. For instance he was a registered pro-choice pro-gun-control Democrat before becoming a Republican. One theory is that Trump simply Punk'd the entire Republican party and the flyover people who supported him.

So im not worried about him really overturning good policy that supports EVs. At least until the republican congress realizes theyve been punkd and try to impeach him to move pence into his job. But that probably wont happen until after the midterms where what usually happens is that the house flips.

Reactions: jimmyjohn
Further: Never underestimate Trump's desire / need to align himself with successful / self-made people (Elon Musk, as an example, comes to mind).

After discounting what he said during the campaign, you can use what he said and did prior to his candidacy. For instance he was a registered pro-choice pro-gun-control Democrat before becoming a Republican. One theory is that Trump simply Punk'd the entire Republican party and the flyover people who supported him.

So im not worried about him really overturning good policy that supports EVs. At least until the republican congress realizes theyve been punkd and try to impeach him to move pence into his job. But that probably wont happen until after the midterms where what usually happens is that the house flips.

On day one, President Trump will cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to help fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure. On day one, Donald Trump will move forward with his proposed American Infrastructure Act.

Climate change is a major player in making sure there is clean water. The irony of Trump saying this is just so laughable.

Reactions: Vitold
You know what would be great is if Trump removed the American military from protecting the waterways in the Middle East and make OPEC countries pay for that 'protection' expense. That's what any industry or country would have to do if they were say, mining for gold or diamonds in a hostile territory. But for Oil it's different. The resulting price on oil would be the REAL dollar/barrel not this fake subsidized cost that we pay for and the world benefits from. You then would see billions more pour into EV tech, and Tesla would exponentially flourish. And then we we could finally stop talking about this 7500 rebate/handout/subsidy/not subsidy argument that's been boring me to tears over the last couple years.

Last edited:
he's also going to throw granny off of a cliff into a river he polluted then deny her medical coverage she'll need from the fall, the rescue personnel may not respond because their staffing levels were diluted to help out in the efforts in WW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.