Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye Gas! Tesla Electric Labor Day Roadtrip!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying this trip won't be "epic" or "groundbreaking". Just some good ole Tesla fun. Before I had my car I read as many of these types of threads as possible so I could live vicariously through other owners. I'm hoping someone on here will benefit like I did. Cheers to Labor Day!

The Destinstion:
North Georgia Mountains

How are we getting there? Stay tuned!!!

Like any thread, it's useless without pics!

image.jpeg

210 Miles full pulling out of driveway! Regen still occurs on new 60 even at full charge

image.jpeg

Autopilot is the only way to travel

I'm so jealous. Can't wait to take my first road trip on the supercharger network. Longest I've gone with my BMW i3 is about 110 miles and back... but the SuperCharger network opens up all kinds of possibilities. I'm really curious if I'll really take advantage in the months and years to come... but definitely know there are a few Baltimore to Atlantic City road trips in my near future.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
So woke up in Buckhead this morning with a full charge! What a way to travel.

image.png

image.jpeg

Valet at Westin

Then we headed north to Yonah Mountain Vineyards. They were having their 7th annual "Crush Fest", and the place was popping. Thousands of people. Fortunately driving a Tesla, we bypassed the hoards of cars and got to park VIP for a charge. Gotta love it. And for anyone interested in wine this place was awesome!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Busy evening yesterday. Arrived at our final destination for the weekend. Beechwood Inn BnB in Clayton, GA.
image.jpeg

(Quick driver change as I was letting my friend drive and wanted a chance at some windy mountain roads. View isn't bad either.)

They are part of Tesla's Destinstion charging network and we rented an entire cabin on the property. The people that run it are lovely and the Inn and cabin are awesome. Highly recommended with a wine thirty at 5:30 each evening. Oh and breakfast was awesome too.
image.jpeg

We arrived!

image.jpeg

Charging is located in the back of the Inn.

We decided to go to Main St in Clayton to eat. Heard parking would be tough (it wasn't at all) so we parked at a Tesla charger I found on plugshare near main. A restaurant called Fromage. Sadly they are closed all weekend so we are here and can't try them out. But they love EV's so we charged while we ate and made the easy walk to main st. I'm finding this charging business to be quite easy and enjoyable. Also addicting, I want to plug the car in everywhere just so I can.

image.jpeg

Yesterday we took the Tesla hiking. Or shall I say she took us to the Destinstion to start the hike.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This morning it was time to top off the battery and after our last breakfast at the BnB depart back to real life. Of course I'm still excited because I get to drive home ;)

image.jpeg

Charged quickly in ATL Midtown location before dropping the friends back off at the airport. Charged to 199 miles by the time we went to bathroom.

image.jpeg

Reactions: PtG62901 and ggnykk
Looks like a fun trip. I am enjoying seeing how you go about the business of charging on a trip. Makes waiting for my M3 even harder.

It has been incredible. Just journeying around the southeast without gasoline is wild. And "free" as well. Glad you are enjoying it. As I said in the beginning these were my favorite threads on TMC leading up to getting the car. It's an incredible machine. And brings excitement back to driving long distances for me. It's addicting to plan the route and plug in as much as possible but honestly the Nav is so good you can just hop in and go and it will guide you to proper charging. I'll double check for fastest routes on my iPhone but it has worked really well.

Reactions: fallen888
Pulled into the Auburn Supercharger with no one there. Went inside the mall to use the restroom and buy a bottle of water. On my walk back to the car I got the message from the app stating car was ready to continue the trip. It beat me again. This supercharging business is fast.

image.jpeg

On walking back out a fellow owner had joined the supercharger. That new blue is growing on me...
image.jpeg

Side Note:
My friend found a great use for the door handle, iPhone holder.
image.jpeg

Currently autopiloting onwards to Greenville Supercharger!

Arrived at Greenville with 43 miles left. Charged at 316mi/hr. First time entire trip the humans have had to wait on the car. Only amounted to about 10 min though. Sole ones charging which seems the norm around this charger.
image.jpeg

Nothing to do at this charger stop. Only the Hampton Inn and Cracker Barrel within walking distance so options to kill time are limited. But as I'm typing this car is ready to roll. Added just over 100 miles in 20 min. Homeward bound!
image.jpeg

Ignore the 15 mins to continue the trip. The Nav routed me a longer way home than the normal fastest route I take. This is why double checking with your iPhone google maps is best.

Reactions: Ormond