Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye Gas! Tesla Electric Labor Day Roadtrip!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update on the trip:
Arrived home with 26 miles left. Car Nav wanted me to take a weird route home and updated to the actual quickest route that google maps indicated (and that I've taken dozens of times before) with less than 40 miles until home. So always double check the Nav.

Never once did range anxiety occur. The car was always ready before we were except our last supercharger stop today. Unbelievably we did the entire trip without even touching the mobile adapter. Using superchargers and the tesla destination charging network the whole time.

Autopilot works incredibly well. It handled mountain roads very well. Only hiccups were cresting hills or when the lines get faded, which are no brainers given how the system works.

All and all, can't wait to do another road trip. My perspective has changed on traveling via car, which means a lot coming from me since general aviation is a hobby of mine.
Tesla has truly created a game changing car and for those reading this that don't have one yet, I can't wait for you to experience it. You'll never go back to Dino juice again.
image.jpeg

Last edited: