Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodland KS Supercharger brings us slightly closer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the Goodland, Kansas Supercharger opens soon, it will be the closest SC to a Texas SC -- 742 miles from Corsicana. Only 77 miles closer than Gallup, NM, but it's something!

Ah, an improvement, but just barely...
742 miles is still a two day drive in my MS using RV parks as the "best" available charging Option (~400 miles per day).
I have squeezed 495 miles in a single day out "in the wild", and that makes for a very long day.

Ah, an improvement, but just barely...
742 miles is still a two day drive in my MS using RV parks as the "best" available charging Option (~400 miles per day).
I have squeezed 495 miles in a single day out "in the wild", and that makes for a very long day.

It took 27 hours to drive 650 miles in the previous trip. This trip it was 23 because one stop had a HPWC at a very friendly Tesla owners' house in Bristow, OK (on Plugshare if you're going that way).

When the Goodland, Kansas Supercharger opens soon, it will be the closest SC to a Texas SC -- 742 miles from Corsicana. Only 77 miles closer than Gallup, NM, but it's something!

Well, it should keep getting better:
  1. Corsicana to Goodland - 735 miles
  2. Corasicana to Hays, KS - 595 miles
  3. Corsicana to Salina, KS - 500 miles
Hopefully, Hays will start soon, and maybe Salina after that. 500 miles to Salina is almost manageable... Someday there will be a causeway off of the Texas Island!

500 miles to Salina is almost manageable... Someday there will be a causeway off of the Texas Island!

If you use the HPWC in Bristow, OK (some nice Tesla owners there) it's do-able with only one RV Park charge stop in Winfield.

Math is (Starting at my house):
260 - 230 = 30 3-4 hour range charge at Bristow,
260 - 140 = 120 2.5 hour RV park charge at Winfield
170 - 130 = 40 30 minutes Supercharge at Salina
230 - 180 = 50 B&B with 14-50 In Roca (just south of Lincoln). Spend the night here.

Total distance 670 miles. 7 hours of charging time.