Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Assurance MaxLife tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can a plug be used to fix a nail hole in the tread of a foam lined tire, like would be used in any other tire?
I saw in a YouTube video where they took the tire off the wheel and shaved off the foam and made a circle around the hole, but as for me in a pinch where there are no flat fix shops around I would use my tools that I keep in my trunk and jack it up if I need too to move the tire, pull the screw/nail then ream it to clean the hole and plug it.

Fred

Legit point and thank you! Still feel like it is relative to the other sport tires, though. I wonder if the high ranking all seasons are better in this category generally.

I owned several pairs of the predecessor Super Sports. Great handling but no one would say they were great riding. Not terrible but not great either. By comparison the 4S is a real Cruz mobile tire but again with even better handling in the wet and roughly equal handling in the dry. If you want the best possible performance on the street it's really a no-brainer Choice. It will require a modest concession in range compared to the MXM4. But it rewards the driver in a way that the MXM4 could never do.

Reactions: ZapCarM3
I owned several pairs of the predecessor Super Sports. Great handling but no one would say they were great riding. Not terrible but not great either. By comparison the 4S is a real Cruz mobile tire but again with even better handling in the wet and roughly equal handling in the dry. If you want the best possible performance on the street it's really a no-brainer Choice. It will require a modest concession in range compared to the MXM4. But it rewards the driver in a way that the MXM4 could never do.
Any thoughts about the PS4 and PS4S? Tire rack didn't rate the 4 yet.

Any experience/opinion on the Pilot Sport A/S 3+?

Any experience/opinion on the Pilot Sport A/S 3+?

Yes we own a set. Fantastic All Season. Until its successor the All Season Pilot Sport 4 comes out it's the best performance-oriented all-season tire available right now. Maybe not the best in serious amounts of snow but aside from that limitation it's a fantastic Tire.

Yes we own a set. Fantastic All Season. Until its successor the All Season Pilot Sport 4 comes out it's the best performance-oriented all-season tire available right now. Maybe not the best in serious amounts of snow but aside from that limitation it's a fantastic Tire.
Good to know. Like you, I don't require tires for snow use. I'm torn between A/S 3, Continental LS & QuietTrack.

Good to know. Like you, I don't require tires for snow use. I'm torn between A/S 3, Continental LS & QuietTrack.

Take a look at the comprehensive user ratings at tire rack for all three tires. While the numerical scale can't be considered absolutely accurate, especially from a small sample, as the sample sizes go from dozens to hundreds the numeric ratings become really pretty accurate.

• Helpful
Reactions: XLR82XS
Take a look at the comprehensive user ratings at tire rack for all three tires. While the numerical scale can't be considered absolutely accurate, especially from a small sample, as the sample sizes go from dozens to hundreds the numeric ratings become really pretty accurate.
I agree but there isn't much on some of these tires for now. I think I'll go grab tires from a place that guarantees satisfaction, as in you can return them if they're too loud or buy 2 sets and return the ones you like less.

I agree but there isn't much on some of these tires for now. I think I'll go grab tires from a place that guarantees satisfaction, as in you can return them if they're too loud or buy 2 sets and return the ones you like less.

Which Tire doesn't have a lot of user ratings? Certainly not the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+? One of the others? Remind me again what are you looking for in a tire?

Don't have much to add here, but very interesting thread.

I'm currently running General Altimax snow tires, which have no acoustic foam. I was expecting a mild increase in road noise, but didn't notice any change against the factory MXM4s. I've always thought this car rode a bit loud, and it still does, but it doesn't seem that the acoustic foam made much of a difference.

So, after learning that, I could give a crap less whether my next all-season tire has the acoustic foam. My current favorite is the General Altimax RT43 because of stellar test results, Consumer Reports recommendation, price, and warranty.

Reactions: ZapCarM3
Interesting thread. I'm really surprised that they aren't more offerings for the model 3... what more could a tire manufacturer ask for in a "customer"? Tons of vehicle sales, heavy cars, EV torque, not cheap sizes.... kind of a perfect recipe to lots of potential sales! Now give me a high performing, quiet tire with decent treadwear at an affordable price ;)

I’ve had my Goodyear Assurance Maxlife for only a couple days (only about 200 miles) and so far they seem decent. They moght be slightly louder than stock but barely noticeable. In terms of range, I’ve noticed these tires do consume more battery. But since they are 85k mileage tires, i think it’s worth the extra consumption. I got them for under $600 installed for all 4 so it’s hard to complain too much. But I don’t expect too much performance out of these.

Reactions: TomB985
I'm just logically thinking why one vs the other would be harder on the tires. If I'm on the highway, driving without regen, and I'm too close to the car in front of me then I hit my brake. Same situation, with regen this time, I let off the accelerator. Same thing happens in either case. How is it different to the tire?
It's not. They don't know that they are talking about lol. Your slowing down the car the same way from the tires point of view.