Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Assurance MaxLife tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Low Roll Resistance probably isn’t as good, the Fuel max is a better LRR tire for Goodyear.

If you are looking for that 80,000 thread wear then go for it.

Just got 4 new
Michelin Energy Saver A/S All Season tires on my Chevy Volt, Costco for 708.00 after the $70.00 discount installed. Get more range with these and ride nice. No Ice & Snow for me so these work great.

Best Low Rolling Resistance Tires for Fuel Economy: 2019 Buyer’s Guide - Talk Carswell

Last edited:
I would recommend the Michelin Primacy MXM4, which is basically just the 19" version of the stock 18" tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...utoModel=Model 3&autoModClar=Rear-Wheel Drive

My experience with Goodyear tires has been poor (I've been in the auto industry for 13 years). It's unlikely you would actually get 80,000 miles out of them, and they are a compromise tire. I would not be surprised if you sacrificed a fair amount of range when switching to these tires. Unfortunately, tires are very much a give and take. To get something, you have to give something. Just my two cents.

I would recommend the Michelin Primacy MXM4, which is basically just the 19" version of the stock 18" tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4&partnum=34VR9MXM4PXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model 3&autoModClar=Rear-Wheel Drive

My experience with Goodyear tires has been poor (I've been in the auto industry for 13 years). It's unlikely you would actually get 80,000 miles out of them, and they are a compromise tire. I would not be surprised if you sacrificed a fair amount of range when switching to these tires. Unfortunately, tires are very much a give and take. To get something, you have to give something. Just my two cents.
I'd advise against the Primacy MXM4s. Mine are at 5/32 already with only 18k miles on them. Wear out too fast for $200+ a pop. I'm currently eyeing pilot a/s 3 as replacements.

I'd advise against the Primacy MXM4s. Mine are at 5/32 already with only 18k miles on them. Wear out too fast for $200+ a pop. I'm currently eyeing pilot a/s 3 as replacements.

I hate to tell you, but a 4,000lb electric vehicle with instant torque and regen braking is going to wear out tires fast. It's not the tires, it's the car.

I hate to tell you, but a 4,000lb electric vehicle with instant torque and regen braking is going to wear out tires fast. It's not the tires, it's the car.
I understand it'd do this to all tires. Reason I advised against MXM4 is it seems cheaper and better handling tires can be had.

Has there been any info on how much regen wears out tires? It seems between brake pads and tires, brake pads would be cheaper and less often to replace.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan

I understand that, but I think that the treadwear rating of the tires has to factor in as well. The OEM tires are all fairly soft. YMMV on treadwear ratings I realize, as its far from any kind of standard...

They're an excellent choice. Probably the best truly high-performance all-season Tire.

How much do you like to stomp what used to be called the loud pedal? Now it should be called The Quiet Pedal!. Because if you use all this torque, you're going to be anteing up more money for tires.

I think he might have meant as soon as you let go of accelerator, it regain brakes. Opposed to it letting roll on low regeneration. (basically higher mileage not by much though)

I'm just logically thinking why one vs the other would be harder on the tires. If I'm on the highway, driving without regen, and I'm too close to the car in front of me then I hit my brake. Same situation, with regen this time, I let off the accelerator. Same thing happens in either case. How is it different to the tire?

I just put these Goodyear Assurance MaxLife's on. Stock continentals got 22K miles. Goodyears are a bit louder than stock but treadwear warranty is more than double and cost was nearly half. Short test (130 miles) showed about 10% more energy consumption compared to same drive with nearly bald stock tires but with so many factors it's hard to know how much the new tires contributed. In the very limited time so far, I'm happy with the Goodyears.

• Informative
I just put these Goodyear Assurance MaxLife's on. Stock continentals got 22K miles. Goodyears are a bit louder than stock but treadwear warranty is more than double and cost was nearly half. Short test (130 miles) showed about 10% more energy consumption compared to same drive with nearly bald stock tires but with so many factors it's hard to know how much the new tires contributed. In the very limited time so far, I'm happy with the Goodyears.

Are you still relatively happy with these. I am looking at getting them too. Do you think they are louder that the OEM’s were new, or just when you replaced them?