Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Electric Drive GT tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New tire out. Tire Size: 255/45R19 500/AA/A 40,000 mi. warranty Tread Depth (in 32nds)10

$265.00 PER TIRE

Features

A long-lasting high performance all-season tire with SoundComfort Technology® and extra load capacity added for Electric Vehicles.
  • Quiet Ride​

Quiet ride at various speeds throughout the life of the tire.
  • Asymmetric Tread Pattern​

Offers confident all-season handling for wet or dry roads.
  • Specialized Tread Compound​

Provides reliable tread life.
The weight of the Goodyear ElectricDrive Trade GT is 28.09 per Goodyear chat.

• Helpful
Reactions: dino007
For comparison's sake with 2 very popular options and very well reviewed tires for the MY but not Ev specific

Pilot Sport All Season 4 - Size: 255/45ZR19 tread depth 10/32"​

$290.99 Per Tire

540/AA/A
Warranty - 6 Years / 45,000 Miles Half mileage for rear if different size than front

Workmanship & materials warranty - 6 Years / Free replacement first year, 2/32" or 25% of wear, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth

Tire Weight: 27lbs

Quatrac Pro(all Season) - Size: 255/45R19 tread depth 10.3/32"​

$229.63 Per tire

400/A/A
Warranty - 8 Years from date of production / 50,000 Miles

Workmanship & materials warranty - 8 Years from date of production / Free replacement first year or 2/32" wear, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth

Tire Weight: 29lbs

Severe Snow Service Rated

I can't wait to see how these new Goodyears start performing out on the road and hopefully get tire rack tested

I believe most want a comfortable, quiet and long lasting tire. That being said I do have my sights on Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack 255/45-19 all around for the Y simply because the ratings are really good especially in comfort/quietness and with a tread wear at 800, (UTQG) warranty milage at 80,000 miles, it just looks like a great choice overall.

Biggest issue with heavy EV's is premature tire wear. They seem to just get worn down to nothing in no time or are the Tesla OEM tires just pure garbage in the wear department? The 3 year replacement warranty on these is rather attractive if they do not live up to their longevity specs. Unfortunately I use dedicated winters so 4 1/2 months of the year I am on different tires. Those who can get around all year on all seasons are well covered though. Quiettrack

I think there will be a lot of "EV dedicated tire" advertising going on in the near future. Not too sure there is a big difference except for the fact is says EV on them which may just boil down to advertising/increasing sales in the end. Once a few are available and have had comparison tests in all categories we will be able to see whats best for our individual needs. In the mean time, I am pretty sure I will go with the Turanzas.

I believe most want a comfortable, quiet and long lasting tire. That being said I do have my sights on Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack 255/45-19 all around for the Y simply because the ratings are really good especially in comfort/quietness and with a tread wear at 800, (UTQG) warranty milage at 80,000 miles, it just looks like a great choice overall.

Biggest issue with heavy EV's is premature tire wear. They seem to just get worn down to nothing in no time or are the Tesla OEM tires just pure garbage in the wear department? The 3 year replacement warranty on these is rather attractive if they do not live up to their longevity specs. Unfortunately I use dedicated winters so 4 1/2 months of the year I am on different tires. Those who can get around all year on all seasons are well covered though. Quiettrack

I think there will be a lot of "EV dedicated tire" advertising going on in the near future. Not too sure there is a big difference except for the fact is says EV on them which may just boil down to advertising/increasing sales in the end. Once a few are available and have had comparison tests in all categories we will be able to see whats best for our individual needs. In the mean time, I am pretty sure I will go with the Turanzas.
Agreed. I would think if you are marketing as an "EV Tire" you at least need to address efficiency (LRR).

I would think if you are marketing as an "EV Tire" you at least need to address efficiency (LRR).
Problem is the better the LLR the less sticky they are and therefor traction/safety is reduced or at least this is how I look at it. Then comes the LLR ratings, I assume they are just as unreliable as most ratings giving you an "idea" of what to expect more than anything else.

I tend to look at good hydroplaning properties of summer tires and good ice capabilities of winter tires as those are the 2 criteria I am most concerned about that may affect my driving safety.

Could not care less if a winter tire performs well in 12" of snow, the snow plow comes by more often than the city bus so roads are always plowed to perfection, mostly compacted snow and ice one needs to deal with in the brunt of winter.

I installed 255/45-19 Bridgestone Turanzas around Christmas and have driven approx 5,100 miles since. They are noticeably quieter than the stock Continentals while the energy consumption seems to be comparable or at the most 5-10% higher. I have to wait till spring to compare these two under similar weather conditions (my car was delivered last week of March 2021). Turanza snow traction is decent for them being all season tires, nothing exceptional.

Attachments

• PXL_20211217_192006999.jpg
    PXL_20211217_192006999.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet