Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Touring - only 16k??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS came with the Goodyear Touring tires (the new ones with the foam inside). I'm now at 16k and it is time for new tires. I've been really happy with these tires but not happy about only 16k (especially after hearing that the Michelins are getting 30+!!

Anyone else with the Tourings also getting low miles on them? I'm thinking of going with the Michelins this time around...

Mine are looking pretty worn at 12k miles. One more long trip and will probably need new tires. My car is dual motor, so the tires have very even and uniform wear.

This is what I would usually expect from tires on a heavy, powerful, rear-wheel-drive platform car.

Poor milage on your tires is almost always one of alignment, low inflation, frequent full acceleration, or some combination. Foam or not foam won't have anything to do with it. (Assumes you don't turn off traction control and burn rubber for fun and don't drive extensively on gravel roads.)

I'm pretty easy going on my acceleration pedal, and overall I drive pretty conservatively. I also rotate my tires every 5k to 7k miles. The Goodyear Touring OEM tires that came on my 90D have 16k miles on them and are almost due for replacement. Been thinking of changing to something else with low rolling resistance like the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or perhaps the Michelin MXM.

I've had my 2016 S 75 refresh for about ~14K miles. My service center just informed med that the inside edge of the front tire is down to 3mm (3.8/32"). They are saying the tread is 4mm 4mm 3mm (5/32" 5/32" 3.8/32"). They are recommending to replace the fronts. I was expecting this kind of mileage out of the P 21" tires.

I'm not going to replace them now but when I do, is it okay to use different tires for the fronts vs the rears? I don't want to keep using tires that get only 14K-16K out of them. The rub is that I just replaced the back right tire this past weekend w/ a new Goodyear Touring due to a flat.

I have same experience with my 75D on Goodyear Touring tires. im at 12k miles, and the tires are measured at 4/32'' rear, 5/32'' front. I do accelerate fast very often, but it still seems like the tires are wearing out too fast.
I had service center checked my alignment at 8k miles, and they couldn't find any problem with it.