Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra on a 20" Induction Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sharing the winter wheel setup I built for a 2022 Model Y Long Range.

The wheels are OEM 20" Induction, sourced used with just some minor knicks.

The tires are Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra in size 255/45 R20 and rated 105V XL.

Car is a bit dirty, but that's what happens with black this time of the year.

PXL_20230120_142508606.jpg

Like the way they look, will report on performance as I use them

We got a few inches of snow here in NJ last week, and then a good amount of freezing rain.
Overall, the Wintercommand tires have made a huge difference. Big increase in grip during wintry mix conditions.
As a nice bonus, with the larger tire size, the MY sits a bit higher and the tires improve handling in muddy conditions as well.
Tire noise is slightly higher, but not so bad, and range is a bit worse, but not really enough to change our charging patterns.

• Informative
Reactions: bobbyjae
Glad to hear that! I’m using a skinny set of WinterCommand Ultras that I bought for a different car. The overall diameter is within a half-inch, but they’re only 225s.

I’ve been really happy with how they’ve performed in comparison with the factory Conti/Gemini setup. You don’t hear much about Goodyear snow tires, but they seem to perform as well in the slush and ice as any other brand I’ve tried.

Reactions: z0lt3c