Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google calendar not fully synching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I both use Google calendar on Pixel (android) phones. We have the Google calendar app set up to show both our own and each others' calendars on our phone calendar screen (in different colors but on the same screen). However only my Google calendar shows up on our Model 3 and Model y calendar screens, not hers, so appointments she adds do not appear on our Teslas. Calendar sync is set ON in the Tesla app in both our phones. Tesla app has calendar permission on both phones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you. Yes, Google calendar is native for Android phones like we have. Both calendars appear on each phone, so we already synching them phone to phone. it is the car that is the problem. I forgot to mention I have rebooted both phones, both cars, no change.

Vague recollection that there's a setting to choose which calendars to sync to the car. This page Top Tesla tips you may not know from August 2021 says:

If you have multiple calendars synced to your car you can choose once ones show up by tapping the icon at the top right corner of the calendar app.

So try that and let us know. The UI might be changed (or hidden) now.

Thanks but both calendars are already selected on the Google calendar app. Else they would not show up on the phone. What I want is the car to display the same thing the phones do (which is both calendars, one from each phone.).

Sorry for the ambiguity. That quote is referring to the car's Calendar app, not the phone's Calendar app. This photo and this video show what it looked like in V10.

My Model 3 still shows me both my main Events calendar and my spouse's main calendar, but these calendar filter settings are missing in V11 2022.8.2. It seems to be yet another V11 "bug."

It might work to remove your phone from the car's Bluetooth sync (this removes it for audio streaming, phone calls, text messages, and calendar sync, but shouldn't affect the phone as a key), then re-pair it with the car. After re-pairing, it might ask which calendars to sync.

Remember to "star" your phone again as your driver profile's "preferred Bluetooth device" for audio streaming, phone calls, etc.

Sorry for the ambiguity. That quote is referring to the car's Calendar app, not the phone's Calendar app. This photo and this video show what it looked like in V10.

My Model 3 still shows me both my main Events calendar and my spouse's main calendar, but these calendar filter settings are missing in V11 2022.8.2. It seems to be yet another V11 "bug."

It might work to remove your phone from the car's Bluetooth sync (this removes it for audio streaming, phone calls, text messages, and calendar sync, but shouldn't affect the phone as a key), then re-pair it with the car. After re-pairing, it might ask which calendars to sync.

Remember to "star" your phone again as your driver profile's "preferred Bluetooth device" for audio streaming, phone calls, etc.
Thanks for the clarification. I am on Tesla software v 11 (2022.8.3) and there does not appear to be any way to access a menu on the calendar screen. The menu expander in the top right of your screen does not exist on mine.

However, I did as you suggested and disconnected both phones from the Tesla calendar in the Tesla app, then reconnected them, with my wife's phone first. Now, both calendars display in both cars. Not sure why. Thanks very much for your help!