Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Chrome with TMC site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys:

Recently, I have had trouble accessing this site from chrome. It keeps saying the site isn't encrypted properly. I can't bypass the google chrome warning and access the site. I am using firefox to load the site. Any run into this issue and figure a work around? Thanks

I'm not a site mod or admin, but I use chrome on Mac and Windows without any problems.

Can you post exactly what the error message is, or a screen shot?

I suspect you have a Chrome plug-in (or a proxy server) that's inserting insecure content. Try disabling your plug-ins or extensions until the problem goes away, and then you'll find the culprit.

Also try Chrome Incognito mode and see if the problem persists.

This is what I see when I try to get onto TMC. I have tried disabling all my extensions. I tried incognito mode. no dice.

Attachments

• IMG_5998.JPG
    IMG_5998.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi guys:

Recently, I have had trouble accessing this site from chrome. It keeps saying the site isn't encrypted properly. I can't bypass the google chrome warning and access the site. I am using firefox to load the site. Any run into this issue and figure a work around? Thanks
I ran into a similar issue with Chrome for a site I have to use for travel. Chrome would not let me around their security. Safari also gave me a security message but let me go around it. I know the site is valid and secure as it relates to my wife's employer. But for some reason even safe sites can sometime appear to be dangerous. I have no solution other than to switch browsers for a while. I'll bet your problem and mine will go away in a short time. I have had this happen before and it resolved itself within a few days.

I am running windows 8.1 on pc and reinstalled chrome and it's at its most updated version. still not allowing me to enter TMC.

I try to click thru advanced and go through but it keeps glitching and won't load the TMC site. frustrating.

Google is trying to force higher security standards, and blocking sites that don't meet those standards. Specifically, the SHA-1 hash algorithm is now considered weak, and any certificate that uses it gets blocked with that error. Certificates are expected to use SHA-256 at minimum.

In this particular case, the problem is not with the certificate presented by teslamotorsclub.com, as it has a SHA-256 signature. It's almost certainly an ad server that's presenting that bad certificate, and unfortunately, that ad server can cause the whole site to be blocked. (When you view a web page, various elements on the page can be loaded from different servers, and all of those servers need to be presenting secure certificates for the page to be considered secure.)

I am running windows 8.1 on pc and reinstalled chrome and it's at its most updated version. still not allowing me to enter TMC.

I try to click thru advanced and go through but it keeps glitching and won't load the TMC site. frustrating.
I was going to suggest trying an incognito window, but if even a reinstall doesn't work, then that's unlikely to help.

The only other thing I can think of it to check if your time/date is synced and if it works with your antivirus off (if so it might be an SSL scanning feature in the way).