TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Google employee using Mountain View supercharger, not Google charger

Discussion in 'North America' started by Blue_Model_S, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Blue_Model_S

Blue_Model_S Member

A friend of mine who works for Google was charging at the Mountain View supercharger. I asked him whether he ever used Google sponsored chargers in its campus. He said that he left them available for Nissan Leafs and other EVs. I found that quite generous of him, but also, let us say, interesting, given how crowded MV superchargers are these days.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable to me. I have heard that the EV charging spaces on the Google campus are in high demand by many short range EVs like the Leaf. The Apple campus has the same issue.

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

There are a crazy amount of chargers at Google. I see lots free everyday but YMMV

4. Blue_Model_S

Blue_Model_S Member

Yes. I saw many empty charging spots in nearby buildings. That's why it bothered me a bit. I also thought that Google can absorb that little expense much more easily than Tesla. ;-)