Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google map sends to model 3 but not MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While riding in my MYLR I tried to share directions from google maps. It reported sent on my iPhone but never showed up. I looked at my Tesla app and noticed my Model 3 was selected. I selected my MY and resent. This time I got a message “this vehicle does not support blah blah blah”

Is there a setting I missed in the MY?

While riding in my MYLR I tried to share directions from google maps. It reported sent on my iPhone but never showed up. I looked at my Tesla app and noticed my Model 3 was selected. I selected my MY and resent. This time I got a message “this vehicle does not support blah blah blah”

Is there a setting I missed in the MY?
There shouldn't be any other setting...I think what @jcanoe said is correct, just force restart your app and try again.

I do have the latest app and force closing/opening the app did the trick. Thanks

Sorry for the late response, and thanks for confirming what fixed it for you. It works for me on both my 3 and my wifes Y, as long as I make sure I have the appropriate car selected in the app first before I send.

I think this stuff is just "part of the tesla experience (tm) " lol. There are always going to be little glitches, etc, I think its just part of the ownership experience. For example (just as an example, I am not complaining about it), the last couple of days, my model 3 has defaulted to my wifes profile.

She hasnt driven the model 3 even a single time since March of this year, when we got her Model Y. I got in my 3 today, and after the seat tried to crunch me (Im 6'3 my wife is 5'6), I saw it was on her profile for some reason. She was not riding with me, in the garage, etc. My model 3 had her phone key set a priority as well, and mine has been the priority phone / key in my model 3 since "priority" device became a thing.

I set it back to my profile, set my phone back to priority, put my sunglasses on, and pulled on out to run the errands I was going to run. Just part of the "experience" 🤣

Reactions: KerryOH
Sorry for the late response, and thanks for confirming what fixed it for you. It works for me on both my 3 and my wifes Y, as long as I make sure I have the appropriate car selected in the app first before I send.

I think this stuff is just "part of the tesla experience (tm) " lol. There are always going to be little glitches, etc, I think its just part of the ownership experience. For example (just as an example, I am not complaining about it), the last couple of days, my model 3 has defaulted to my wifes profile.

She hasnt driven the model 3 even a single time since March of this year, when we got her Model Y. I got in my 3 today, and after the seat tried to crunch me (Im 6'3 my wife is 5'6), I saw it was on her profile for some reason. She was not riding with me, in the garage, etc. My model 3 had her phone key set a priority as well, and mine has been the priority phone / key in my model 3 since "priority" device became a thing.

I set it back to my profile, set my phone back to priority, put my sunglasses on, and pulled on out to run the errands I was going to run. Just part of the "experience" 🤣
Regardless of me setting my profile to priority when my GF is with me it selects her profile. Wouldn’t be so bad except she uses creep mode and I freak out when the first time I want to stop it rolls!