TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Google maps dark theme changed

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by funkycold, Aug 6, 2016.

1. funkycold

funkycold Member

Hi,
    Did anyone else's dark theme map changed in the last couple of days? Please see attached picture. My night theme is now covered with dark spots that don't make sense. I tried rebooting the console to no avail. Other than the maps, everything else that displays on the console is fine. The daytime theme is fine.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Did you look at this area in the day? All of the blue areas are green parks in day and all black blobs are blue water in day.

No mystery here.

• Like x 1
  3. funkycold

funkycold Member

Wrong. I don't live in a swamp, or a forest. Those dark areas are neither parks nor bodies of water. Like I said, it just changed a couple of days ago. And the way it looks now is hardly readable, I can't imagine it being a new feature.

4. cman8

cman8 Member

Looks to me like you do live near a lot of bodies of water that are represented accordingly.. I agree with the above post, nothing new here in the night theme.

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 11.13.33 AM.png

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1