TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Google maps major bugs

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Hans4, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hans4

Hans4 Member

Ever since the 7.0 upgrade Google maps draws older routes instead of the most recent route, or does not paint the route at all, or does not or only partially paints in traffic conditions. and sometimes even totally hangs up the radio each time it redraws the screen, and ignores many buttons, especially after an extra interrupt like a disengaged safety belt on the back seat.
    I would have expected a fix by now for these annoying software defects but I am still awaiting improvements...

Especially totally freezing the 17 inch screen (until I stopped and exited the car for some time) while you wonder which exit to take is pretty irritating.

2. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Have you try to reboot your system?

3. Hans4

Hans4 Member

Yes. Sooner or later it begins to fail again (today in fact, I used the two buttons during driving to restart the interface).

4. prasad

prasad Member

Release 2.9.40 fixed these issues. Previous and historical driving directions never cleared and my map screen was ugly with many blue lines.

5. Hans4

Hans4 Member

That did not arrive yet in my car. The Tesla service says the map problem has to do with a cache overflow and that is why reset helps (it clears the cache). They recommend to reset every month.

6. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

How often are you using the maps in a month?

7. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Member

Having similar issues here; also, no traffic data when nav is being used. Anyone else experiencing this?