Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps not loading

rpo

Jun 12, 2014
Seattle, Washington
The subject says it all. None of the tiles will load for the past two days while on LTE or WiFi. Navigation works fine, and that results in the blue line but nothing else. I've reset both screens multiple times. Any other suggestions?

Oh, and Slacker is working without issue as well.

Merrill

Merrill
Jan 23, 2013
Sonoma, California
I have been having that problem for the last couple of weeks and today drove 100 miles and had nothing or a couple of squares the whole time. Rebooted twice and nothing all this with 3 to 5 bars 3G.

disillusioned

Sep 22, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I had this issue earlier today and tried resetting which didn't help, but when I came back from brunch, it looked like it was working again. Guessing there was something on the server/API key side of things.

ken830

Model S 85, Model 3 Performance
Jun 19, 2012
San Carlos, CA
Mine was having problems yesterday, but a reset helped. This morning, another reset helped. But now, it's completely dead. Many resets and nothing. Wifi and 3G makes no difference.

Brass Guy

Jan 5, 2014
Holbrook, MA
It could be a DNS issue getting from AT&T to Google's servers. I've had this exact same thing happen on my phone years ago.
Tiles not loading in the map app, but Google's maps loads in the browser. Can't be an ATT/Google issue.
I'm crossing my fingers for ken380's report of a fix by morning.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hit me too, In Canada. .. so it's not an AT&T issue.. we don't use them here.

I fell back on using browser with PlugShare site up... crude navigation that at least showed routes, when the nav was down.

And of course this has to happen when I'm pushing the range limits in -18C weather, and one wrong turn or missed exit could mean hitting 0% battery ... and a very cold family reassessing the choice of having gone electric for this Christmas holiday getaway.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC