Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Google Maps Now Includes EV Charging Station Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google announced Tuesday that it will bring information about electric vehicle charging stations to Google Maps.

Here’s how their guide to the new feature:

A quick search for keywords like “ev charging” or “EV charging stations” will display the nearest supported stations. To help you make a quick decision about which station to use, we’ll show you information about the business where the station is located, the types of ports available, charging speeds, and how many ports there are. You’ll also see information about the station from drivers, including photos, ratings, reviews and questions.

EV_demo_FINAL.gif
Additionally, businesses that have charging stations will now feature a link to information about the chargers.

The ability to search for electric vehicle charging stations starts rolling out today on Android and iOS, with desktop launching in the coming weeks.

Google Maps supports charging stations around the world, including Tesla and ChargePoint globally. SemaConnect, EVgo and Blink stations will also be shown in the U.S. ChargeMaster and Pod Point are included in Google Maps in the UK and ChargeFox stations will be shown in Australia and New Zealand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would more specifically give directions. If you've had my experience, you drive aimlessly around shopping centers, after the nav has said you're there, until you spot one in the back of a safeway. (and the most egregious was the Portland SC, which is on the 2nd level of an underground shopping center parking garage!!!)

I wish they would more specifically give directions. If you've had my experience, you drive aimlessly around shopping centers, after the nav has said you're there, until you spot one in the back of a safeway. (and the most egregious was the Portland SC, which is on the 2nd level of an underground shopping center parking garage!!!)

Just zoom in as far as it will go. Google usually places things accurately enough that when you zoom in it should show you exactly where it is.