Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps - send to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed car use several ios apps to send to Tesla using the "share" functionality.

Also note that if you put in a location for your meeting in the calendar (outlook, google, ios), you can just tap the calendar item in the Tesla to get started. I find that the easiest way if I know the address up front.

In all cases, you are just sending a location to the Tesla and the Tesla nav in the car calculates the route.

Of course the only problem is that Waze is, basically, better.

Waze, in my experience, only keeps you moving around traffic. Example, Cross Bronx Expwy was jammed, Waze sent us "over the river and through the bronx" on a very wild ride through various residential neighborhoods. We crossed the GW bridge 10 minutes after the car we were traveling with who fought the backup. Glad you like it, but I am not a fan.

Another dumb route planner fail. My sons football at some school, on London Road, RG40 1SS. So I put, 'London Road, RG40 1SS' into sat nav. It offered me London Road, Binfield as the only suggestion. I know Binfield was in the rough area, so selected that. What could go wrong, postcode is pretty specific?

First warning note was swmbo saying, 'this is not the route google said'. I use to work in the rough area so know that there are many equally valid routes in that area so was not too bothered, although did get my phone out, but not my glasses as even without, I could see the pin in the rough area I would have expected. Well that was a mistake.

So we got to the destination and no sign of the school. So we carried on as we had only used road and postcode, and from experience know that on some occasions, that can still be quite a large area. After a while, I put my glasses on. Well we need to do a U turn as we are the wrong side of the A3329(M). The correct location was a few miles and 5 minutes away.

I should have known that Tesla sat nav does not use postcodes in some circumstances, but thought that was the send to car function. But no, it totally ignores them when entering from the car screen too.

thumb showing correcting route
20200111_102644799_iOS.jpg