Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does the Tesla map always tell me to get off the hwy on a random exit? It adds time to the drive. Is there a way to make it to where i get to destination in shortest time?
This happens daily on the way to work, i ignore it, stay on hwy and get to my destination in a shorter time. I know when you put in the destination from the beginning it will give different options, but this happens in route to destination. I really don't trust Google maps.

I really wish we could use Waze on the screen, Google maps sucks.

I'll check it tomorrow. It has had a chronic issue of crashing the Tesla browser because it apparently exceeds the allowed streaming rate limit when the map scrolls. But it was usable.

People with Android phones tend to use the TeslaA app in combination with Android Auto. Only a phone is needed and plain old Waze app works more or less.
Lack of Android Auto was a massive massive negative for me. But price difference of 15K was just too much compared to the EV6 and Ioniq 5. All the options to add Android Auto are very clunky and inefficient and I can't even get a button for initiating Google Voice prompt.

I'll start with just using Maps on the phone (I used to like Waze, but I now find Maps much better). But if were to use TeslaA, how does that work with Tesla Maps on trips. Where it's best feature of identifying the best SCs to stop at? How do I get both?

Android Automotive is adding that. I expect Tesla Maps will be much better to start with, but Google iterates at break-neck speed so I expect that Google Maps will match or beat Tesla Maps in 18-24 months. But I don't think Google is going to add that capability into Google Maps any time soon.

Upvote 0
Lack of Android Auto was a massive massive negative for me. But price difference of 15K was just too much compared to the EV6 and Ioniq 5. All the options to add Android Auto are very clunky and inefficient and I can't even get a button for initiating Google Voice prompt.

I'll start with just using Maps on the phone (I used to like Waze, but I now find Maps much better). But if were to use TeslaA, how does that work with Tesla Maps on trips. Where it's best feature of identifying the best SCs to stop at? How do I get both?

Android Automotive is adding that. I expect Tesla Maps will be much better to start with, but Google iterates at break-neck speed so I expect that Google Maps will match or beat Tesla Maps in 18-24 months. But I don't think Google is going to add that capability into Google Maps any time soon.
I can't edit comments? I meant Google Assistance not Google Voice.

Upvote 0