Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google navigation map in Chinese

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how can I change the language speaking under the navigation map in Cantonese without changing the overall display menu to Chinese? My previous setup under 6.2 is ok but after upgrade to 7.1, both the language need to be the same.

No way to change to Chinese navigation without change the overall display language. Confirmed by Tesla service hotline.
No way in the future too, need to follow Google way same as mobile app.

Google did evil this time.
The back-story is, google map will read the language you are using in your "OS" (iOS, Android, TeslaOS...etc) and automatically adapt to the language you use for Google Map as well. Unless Google map have a separate setting developed by Google, otherwise, there is nothing Tesla can do to change it.

What they can do is to make the Chinese Traditional UI better so user do not mind to use it anymore than English.

This is the exact reason (as i mentioned in another thread) that i've kept my car on 6.2 at the moment.

Kinda ironic that we lose such a desired setting of keeping the map/navigation in Cantonese whilst keeping the rest of the menus all in English when we "upgrade"

a few days ago, my car decided to update itself to 7.0 (or is it 7.1) without me saying go ahead. the update's been available for 4-5 days and i didn't allow it due to the all english/all chinese setting.

navigation is a lot better in cantonese due to how places are pronounced, but reading everything else in chinese is kinda unpleasant for me. i like them in english.

a few days ago, my car decided to update itself to 7.0 (or is it 7.1) without me saying go ahead. the update's been available for 4-5 days and i didn't allow it due to the all english/all chinese setting.

navigation is a lot better in cantonese due to how places are pronounced, but reading everything else in chinese is kinda unpleasant for me. i like them in english.

Totally agree as really odd to see the Chinese message pop up on the driving screen.