TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Google queries do not work occasionally? Automated request

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by sp4rk, Feb 17, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

For the first time today I used Google to search for auto stores near me. (To buy car wash.)
    Instead of it displaying stores, it errored out (Google did), complaining that I was using an automated search.
    My cell phone / camera is broken or I'd have taken a picture. Back at the house .. of course, now it works.

But I got this:
    Fix the Instant Search Error “We’re sorry… but it appears your computer is sending automated requests.”

Anyone else seen this? I got it from typing in to the URL line.

2. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

Yes I noticed this yesterday also. I have not tried it since but it was only when using the address bar. If i went to google first it worked fine.

3. dtich

dtich #P708

yes, i've had this too. i think the browser may be injecting something in the search string that annoys google's servers. frustrating.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Got this for th first time today. Thought maybe someone else on the AT&T network was doing something odd.