Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google search not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I use the browser to go to google.com, I no longer get the standard search page. Instead, I get a white page that has a place to enter a captcha, but it says that I have to switch to a support browser to use it. The "Why is this happening to me?" link leads to a page that says that my IP address has been sending it questionable and/or too many requests. I just tried it on my wifi and it didn't happen, so it may be an LTE-only thing (though I haven't confirmed that).
Anyone else having this happen?

Most likely at issue with AT&T where someone using their network has generated suspicious or unusual traffic towards Google. I work in the Cybersecurity field and have had to deal with with this a number of times. It usually fixes it self after a day or two.

Looks like Tesla's VPN was blocked by google.
Worst part is that the browser doesn't seem to support captcha...

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 96
Someone else recommended using Duckduckgo.com It has worked perfectly for me.
I appreciate the advice, I really do, but this is just another workaround for something that is broken.

I could also use Bing, Yahoo, Ask, AOL, etc... but I prefer to use Google. If our browser wasn't so antiquated, or our network so sketchy, we wouldn't have to have a thread on something so trivial as using the Google Search page. :(

I emailed the local service center team and they confirmed they are aware of the issue with google.com and it's with Engineering. I have found that searching still works; just whatever type you want in the URL bar and Google still returns results.

Some sites are returning a blank white page for me such as fast.com. Is that happening for anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
I emailed the local service center team and they confirmed they are aware of the issue with google.com and it's with Engineering. I have found that searching still works; just whatever type you want in the URL bar and Google still returns results.

Some sites are returning a blank white page for me such as fast.com. Is that happening for anyone else?
I had this prolem today tech support had me reset the computer by holding down both sctoll wheels until the tesla T dispays. it resolved the problem

I stand corrected. Google's main page is broken again for me today with the same error as reported before