Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google+ video hangouts (TSLA & other investments)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what is Sleepy's big story (per the Hangout)? I'm going to kick off the speculation because, well, its fun! And with TSLA soaring there's no harm in being just a bit off topic and silly.

1) Sleepy's Mega Options Win War Story
2) Sleepy is starting a "TMC Friend & Family" Investment Fund
3) Sleepy is starting his own Investing Site
4) Sleep is buying Texas with his TSLA investment gains and plans to settle the Dealer dispute once and for all.

I really thought it was going to be #2.... he refused my money though so I think that isn't it ;)

Gentleman, I really enjoyed the hangout, thanks for making it public. I think the idea of creating a Macro-economics/general market thread is golden. I have talked to a couple people on TMC who trade vxx and uvxy options when things are going a bit nuts (think international wars and congress debt-ceilings). I will look for that thread to start and hopefully have more to contribute there than I do with Solar/Tesla. Also looking forward to sleepy's story.

So what is Sleepy's big story (per the Hangout)? I'm going to kick off the speculation because, well, its fun! And with TSLA soaring there's no harm in being just a bit off topic and silly.

1) Sleepy's Mega Options Win War Story
2) Sleepy is starting a "TMC Friend & Family" Investment Fund
3) Sleepy is starting his own Investing Site
4) Sleep is buying Texas with his TSLA investment gains and plans to settle the Dealer dispute once and for all.

He has already done #3 so I guess it is number 1.

Hey all,

Did you remove the hangout video? I was looking forward to watchingit. Long time lurker here, and I finally registered so I could participate. I wasn't going to join another community but this one is fantastic and I'm a massive fan of the car/company, as well as a shareholder, so it made sense.

Looking forward to the giga factory hangout. I have to tell you all ... having seen my share of crappy discussions (overly focused on short term) on Wall Street, this kind of long term thinking is WAY more productive.

I wonder if there will be a CC in the near future. The 'what state' game could go on for a bit and I can't imagine a CC without knowing the location as that will spawn a whole bunch of questions.

The next google+ hangout will be tomorrow at 9:30pm EST. I'll be interviewing someone from here who's seen a 100-200x gain in his IRA (albeit it was small initially) over the past year. What was his approach? Challenges? Regrets?

I'll post more info in a bit.

The next google+ hangout will be tomorrow at 9:30pm EST. I'll be interviewing someone from here who's seen a 100-200x gain in his IRA (albeit it was small initially) over the past year. What was his approach? Challenges? Regrets?

I'll post more info in a bit.

I'll be travelling, but should be able to view the last half. Are you going to have the link via You Tube again? I presume it will be EDT (we jump forward tonight).

I'll be travelling, but should be able to view the last half. Are you going to have the link via You Tube again? I presume it will be EDT (we jump forward tonight).

Yes, we plan to have it up via the YT link as well. Also it will be tomorrow 6:30pm Pacific Time (or 9:30pm Eastern Time). Thanks for the daylight savings warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s the info for tomorrow’s March 9th google+ hangout.

Special Guest: TSLAopt
Background: Tomorrow’s google+ hangout will feature special guest, TSLAopt, as he’s interviewed by host, DaveT. Last month TSLAopt shared that his IRA of humble beginnings gained 100x+ in a period of just one year (2013 Trading war stories - Page 3). Now a month later, his IRA is likely up over 150x from 13 months ago (15,000%+ gain). How did he approach TSLA a year ago? What was his strategy? How did he view the risks/rewards back then and what trades did he make? Does he have any regrets? And what lessons did he learn that he will take with him?

What time: March 9th at 6:30pm Pacific Time (9:30 Eastern Time). It will last about an hour.

Google+ hangout specifics:
Everybody is invited to join the hangout but since the hangout participants is limited to 10 people, the first 6 people after TSLAopt and DaveT will be allowed to be participants. We’ll leave 2 slots open for other people to jump in and out with questions if they have any. The format of the night will roughly be DaveT introducing and interviewing TSLAopt for the first 20 minutes or so and then opening up the time for questions from the participants and others. For those unable to make it we are planning to keep the recorded video up for later viewing.

3/10 Update, here's the link to the recorded video: (first 1hr 45min of hangout was recorded at link below)
TSLA investment hangout w/special guest TSLAopt

Last edited: