Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Voice Text Forwarding Ending

littlelibo

May 25, 2018
Texas
So with the announcement that Google Voie will be ending text forwarding, does anyone have a workaround for maintaining functionailty though the Tesla phone app?

Currently, my Google Voice messages forward to my carrier number from which Tesla accesses them for reading aloud and replies. I really do not want to abandon Google Voice as my primary number is used on multiple cell phones and VOIP devices in my home.

I am hoping someone comes up with something before the cutoff in a couple months.

EVRider-FL

Aug 18, 2015
South Florida
If the messages from Google don’t show up in your phone’s default messaging app, I don’t think there’s anything you can do to make them available in the car (via Tesla’s implementation). Maybe you can use your phone’s voice assistant (e.g, Siri) to read and respond to messages from the Google Voice app on your phone.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC