Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is going on?? I received the 10.3 Beta early this AM with release 2021.36.5.2 which is currently installed. But now 2021.36.5.1 is downloading....if I install it, it will wipe out FSD 10.3 Beta, correct? Need some advice on what to do....
Art Masson

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 254
on 2021.36.5.2 I can no longer engage autopilot. Did they push a red button and force downgrade to us because of bug discovered? Can anyone else engage autopilot on 2021.36.5.2?
It worked the first time I tried. But wouldn’t work on my return trip. Downloading .1 now…

I’ll be a sad panda if it removes FSD. But if so, so be it.

I’m sure it removes it. 2021.36.5.2 and the FSD beta isn’t ready for prime time and I’d bet they determined they couldn’t get a new build out fast enough. Letting the fleet sit on this busted build would be more detrimental and could cause real world problems (with the emergency braking that’s been reported.)

They’ll go off, let FSD 10.3 bake a little longer, and then re-push. I’m not surprised they’re pulling it. It’s the right thing to do, even if we lose the new shiny thing not 12 hours after getting it.

I just got the second update too, before I could even use FSD Beta once. I cancelled the install. What a cluster. I’m so sick of being jerked around by Tesla with this FSD hoax that at this point I just want my money back + interest. I’ve waited three years for something that was going to be “released by the end of the year.”

It’s not even funny how blatantly obvious it is now that Elon was LYING (aka committing fraud) about FSD. I don’t see any difference between FSD and Trevor Milton’s gravity powered truck. They both don’t exist. Those of us who stupidly believed the CEO of a Fortune 500 company would not openly commit fraud thought our cars would be transformed into an autonomous vehicle with the push of a button within months of acquiring them. Years later and I don’t even see much of any difference. Nothing that’s been pushed is worth using. NOA adds tons of stress, not remove it. Stop light control slams on the brakes at the last second and still requires confirmation to go through every single light unless a car ahead goes. It also picks up the wrong lights all time giving false “green light” chimes, or slamming on brakes for mystery stoplights that appear out of nowhere. I was honestly under a misguided assumption that Tesla had some crazy sick system under wraps behind the scenes that they were just working to finish before blasting it out to the fleet of FSD cars. Turns out they had nothing cooking behind the scenes.

I want to sell my car, but I really want to be entitled to my money back for FSD. I hope when the inevitable class action lawsuit is settled, original owners qualify for compensation.

Last edited:
on 2021.36.5.2 I can no longer engage autopilot. Did they push a red button and force downgrade to us because of bug discovered? Can anyone else engage autopilot on 2021.36.5.2?
I had that problem this morning, but it cleared after parking the car for a short time. But while it was happening, all sorts of bazaar stuff occurred. Mostly, the car alarming and complaining about cars ahead being too close, even though they were at the max range of the cameras.

I think Telsa just flipped the FSD "kill switch". I lost autosteer and cruise control on the way back from the store (after multiple phantom FCW's), after successfully navigating to the store on FSD. Now 2021.36.5.1 is downloading in my garage, which apparently removes FSD.

After getting a taste of FSD, honestly I think I'm appeased for the time being and can wait a little bit longer for a more fully baked version. This one apparently has a lot of regressions.