Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t it still say ‘You are enrolled in the FSD Beta queue” in the car? It does for me. I just hope they use the score from Saturday. It does answer the question if the safety score keeps running even it does not appear in the app.

First drive had 0 issues. Second drive didn’t allow for FSD activation and kept throwing FCWs for every vehicle that merged in front of me
This was my experience too, in addition to the most terrifying automatic emergency braking event at 50mph that I could ever imagine - with no obstacles as far as the eye can see. I disabled FSD and all automated assist and warnings I could and driving was better. I then updated to 2021.36.5.1 and now have no FSD (the request button is back and it says that I'm in the queue) and no longer have erroneous FCWs, but I still have whiplash from the emergency braking! I don't have the safety score back either.

• Informative
Reactions: gaspi101
Got 36.5.2 this morning, then got the notice to downgrade later in the morning. I did NOT install it. Checked just now and the software downgrade is not there. No download icon, no option. I checked the software screen and says I’m up to date. On 36.5.2.
FSD Beta is still there
Exactly the same here. What a mess! First Tesla takes money out of people's account yesterday by enrolling people in auto debit without approval, now this. What will tomorrow bring from this company?

FSD worked on my first drive when I left. Then, as others have stated, second drive, no AP, no FSD, no nothing. Still have the screen interface. Would rather have at least my regular AP back before tomorrow's rush hour traffic drive.

I had a 100 score with over 1500 miles In 2 weeks and got 10.2 beta. Now, I downloaded 35.5.1 and I’ve got nothing! And I had logged another 2000 miles since having 10.2 beta….

I actually drove 10.3 this morning at it seemed better than the 10.2 I had been using….. I just wish I didn’t download the 35.5.1……

I am not getting collision warnings.
What are you driving? I wonder if new radar-less cars are behaving differently than the older cars that still have radar. Maybe something in the code for Tesla Vision has something to do with it. I have a 2020 S with radar and have gotten a lot of warnings today before reverting back to pre-FSD. Luckily no false braking events for me.

What are you driving? I wonder if new radar-less cars are behaving differently than the older cars that still have radar. Maybe something in the code for Tesla Vision has something to do with it. I have a 2020 S with radar and have gotten a lot of warnings today before reverting back to pre-FSD. Luckily no false braking events for me.
I had 10.3 this morning, no issues at all during two long drives. M3 2018.

Reactions: KaneBlaisdell
As to the huffin' and puffin' by the people who were just SO inconvenienced, come on guys, face it, new tech development just isn't your speed. Why did you even sign up for this (explicitly) very preliminary Beta? Seriously.
I think we all expect to run into serious issues when we let FSD drive. Alarm bells are going off today primarily because the AEB bug dangerously overrode several drivers on manual control. That kind of undermines confidence in the central premise of the wider beta audience - that an attentive enough driver can make this FSD beta experiment safe.

Reactions: Matias
2021.36.5.1 downloaded around noon today and was ready for install. Waited to do it. After 4 hours, checked again and noticed the update disappeared. Did Tesla “hammer“ the update (downgrade)? Still on 2021.36.5.2 with 10.3. Drove the car tonight with no changes to any settings. AP is working again, as is FSD beta.