Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As to the huffin' and puffin' by the people who were just SO inconvenienced, come on guys, face it, new tech development just isn't your speed. Why did you even sign up for this (explicitly) very preliminary Beta? Seriously.
Seriously? There is a difference between bugs and life threatening critical failures.

What a ridiculously tone deaf ignorant post.

Seriously? There is a difference between bugs and life threatening critical failures.

What a ridiculously tone deaf ignorant post.

What difference? Unfortunately, in a 4000 lb machine barreling down the road with the steering, accel, and braking under control of software, the only difference between a "bug" and a "life threatening critical failure" lies in the circumstances or result.

The same 8" Steering error that's minor in one spot might be fatal in another.

Last edited:
Got 2021.36.5.2 (10.3 beta) just after midnight on deploy night Sunday AM (via car's LTE, even with no data subscription) Took my first drive of 70 plus miles on FSD beta in the early afternoon. Mid-drive I get notice of another LTE update, and notice it's 2021.26.5.1... but I decided to install immediately at the end of my drive around 11:30 AM Pacific time because I usually get 170-200 Wh/m and am getting 370 Wh/m on this inaugural FSD beta drive with 10.3 which scares me in that I'm assuming my 10.3 might damage my HW3 computer and brick it because it is drawing double the normal power of a 4k lbs vehicle rolling down the road running vanilla Navigate on Autopilot. Rollback successful. 2021.36.5.1 gave me FSD Beta 10.2 which is indeed like riding a bull in comparison. Drove that all day... but the strange part is that TeslaFi reports my current install as 2021.36.5.2, and now my Tesla app shows nothing when I login. No car, not even my name and contact info when I click on the generic profile icon that replaced my custom profile image. Stumped.

TLDR; I recommend installing 36.5.1 if possible, even if you lose beta, because excess power draw on my first beta drive made me think I would brick my HW3 computer if I kept beta 3 running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-013008_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20211025-013008_Tesla.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 66
Got 2021.36.5.2 (10.3 beta) just after midnight on deploy night Sunday AM (via car's LTE, even with no data subscription) Took my first drive of 70 plus miles on FSD beta in the early afternoon. Mid-drive I get notice of another LTE update, and notice it's 2021.26.5.1... but I decided to install immediately at the end of my drive around 11:30 AM Pacific time because I usually get 170-200 Wh/m and am getting 370 Wh/m on this inaugural FSD beta drive with 10.3 which scares me in that I'm assuming my 10.3 might damage my HW3 computer and brick it because it is drawing double the normal power of a 4k lbs vehicle rolling down the road running vanilla Navigate on Autopilot. Rollback successful. 2021.36.5.1 gave me FSD Beta 10.2 which is indeed like riding a bull in comparison. Drove that all day... but the strange part is that TeslaFi reports my current install as 2021.36.5.2, and now my Tesla app shows nothing when I login. No car, not even my name and contact info when I click on the generic profile icon that replaced my custom profile image. Stumped.

TLDR; I recommend installing 36.5.1 if possible, even if you lose beta, because excess power draw on my first beta drive made me think I would brick my HW3 computer if I kept beta 3 running.
Tesla app started running again. Come to find out even though I started the rollback install, it looks like it never finished. Tesla app also says I'm still in 36.5.2

It also says that I have a scheduled install for Sunday at 11:55, but when I click on that I get the following message, and remain on 36.5.2 with much lower power consumption the rest of the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-015034_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20211025-015034_Tesla.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20211025-015015_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20211025-015015_Tesla.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 53

I dunno I didnt observe consumption in my first fsd drive today but if you actually achieve 170-200 kWh/mi on a 2021 model 3 then your real world local range is 400-470 miles. A good consumption trip for me is 225 in ideal weather conditions. Lifetime (includes freeways and winter weather averaged in) is 258.

Has anybody out there NOT received the “downgrade to 2021.36.5.1. I am still on 5.2. I did the hard reboot when I started getting the phantom FCWs and the car was working fine in the afternoon. Car also seems to drive normally for other users of the car that don’t have FSD in their profiles. My kids drive the car a lot and I just want to make sure that it’s still safe.

2018 MY LR 99% SS
10/24/21 @ 5am Upgraded to 36.5.2 (had a wonderful, FCW free 45 min door to door FSD)
10/24/21 @ 1pm EST FSD disabled remotely, SW update to 36.5.1 (no FSD).
No FSD.
No Attitude towards Tesla
Love my car and the Tesla mission
I am an Aerospace Engineer and if my team messes up someone could likely die, and Tesla is doing better than we are, IMHO.

Reactions: clydeiii and mtx450
What is going on?? I received the 10.3 Beta early this AM with release 2021.36.5.2 which is currently installed. But now 2021.36.5.1 is downloading....if I install it, it will wipe out FSD 10.3 Beta, correct? Need some advice on what to do....
Art Masson
10.3 had some hiccups. Enough globally to have it go back to 10.2. I can't wait to have 10.2 back for now.

Got 36.5.2 this morning, then got the notice to downgrade later in the morning. I did NOT install it. Checked just now and the software downgrade is not there. No download icon, no option. I checked the software screen and says I’m up to date. On 36.5.2.
FSD Beta is still there
Same experience for me. I didn't install the downgrade and later yesterday afternoon went for a drive and saw that I'm still on 26.35.2, with FSD working. No more message about downloading 35.1.