Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2022.4.5.4 (but no FSD Beta button ?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Just checked one more time Release Notes and I don't have this option at all. Version 2022.4.5.4. Standart M3, 2020
On the left site my release notes (only 3 options), on the right normal one. same version number.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-04 203255.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-04 203255.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2022-03-04 203506.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-04 203506.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 51
hmmm well looks like you dont have FSD which is why you dont see the beta option. To clear up any confusion...

-- "Full self-driving computer" refers to HW3, the on=board computer required for FSD beta (which you have, as do all Teslas built from toughly mid-2019).
-- You can buy FSD today, but this will only get you the currently available FSD components: Smart Summon, NoA with auto lane change etc. Doesn't look like you have this.
-- If you have both of the above, you should see the option to enroll in the FSD beta, which is testing the "city streets" version of FSD.

hmmm well looks like you dont have FSD which is why you dont see the beta option. To clear up any confusion...

-- "Full self-driving computer" refers to HW3, the on=board computer required for FSD beta (which you have, as do all Teslas built from toughly mid-2019).
-- You can buy FSD today, but this will only get you the currently available FSD components: Smart Summon, NoA with auto lane change etc. Doesn't look like you have this.
-- If you have both of the above, you should see the option to enroll in the FSD beta, which is testing the "city streets" version of FSD.
Ok, maybe I will look stupid but will ask anyway. Does this thread only about people who actually purchased FSD for $10.000???

Ok, maybe I will look stupid but will ask anyway. Does this thread only about people who actually purchased FSD for $10.000???
Well the cost has varied a lot over the years, but yeah basically we are talking about those who have access to the full FSD. Of course, you can nor subscribe to FSD monthly, but I've lost track of it those subscribers are invited into the beta or not.

Reactions: M3_17
Well the cost has varied a lot over the years, but yeah basically we are talking about those who have access to the full FSD. Of course, you can nor subscribe to FSD monthly, but I've lost track of it those subscribers are invited into the beta or not.
Thank you.
I thought about this variant but didn't believe that people paid +-$10.000 and only now get a chance to download the beta version. and only after getting enough safety scores.

Sorry if this has been answered, but still not clear to me as a new MYP owner.
As of today (4/10/22), all software (IOS) and updates in the car are up to date.
I did not purchase/paid for the FSD upgrade.
Does this mean I will not see the option to opt in to FSD beta?
I thought I have seen people post that they did not pay for the upgrade but have been able to opt in as they have had the option show up in their cars and opted in.
At this point they have to qualify with a high score based on their driving and if they pass then you actually get the accepted and enrolled.
Is this the case or for the above steps to become available to you, you must pay either the monthly fee or the lump sum for the option.
Many thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been answered, but still not clear to me as a new MYP owner.
As of today (4/10/22), all software (IOS) and updates in the car are up to date.
I did not purchase/paid for the FSD upgrade.
Does this mean I will not see the option to opt in to FSD beta?
I thought I have seen people post that they did not pay for the upgrade but have been able to opt in as they have had the option show up in their cars and opted in.
At this point they have to qualify with a high score based on their driving and if they pass then you actually get the accepted and enrolled.
Is this the case or for the above steps to become available to you, you must pay either the monthly fee or the lump sum for the option.
Many thanks in advance!
If you did not purchase FSD then no, you can’t opt into FSD Beta. It’s an add on to that paid feature not a free pass. You will not get a button without it.