Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a Complaint Suggestion or Concern? Tweet It

How would you rate Customer/Client experience with Tesla?

• Awesome

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Alright but I kinda want a little more

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No good. Here's why....

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm done and don't care to discuss.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anon2

Of Course I Trust You Will Do The Right Thing
Came across this little gem of a tidbit. I am a proponent of using social media to get faster more efficient action response from companies when there's a legitimate issue. Mind you there must be balance struck between what is or is not an escalated situation. Tendency is to hop on social media BEFORE having exhausted normal available reach out options. Yet more and more corporations having grown bohemoth have distanced themselves contact wise. Even to the point of having to conduct an investigative search to obtain telephone numbers manned by human beings. Customer client service continues to be championed as a priority but proof's in the pudding. Action makes for a much sweeter experience.

Read and tweet on:
A Tesla Customer Complained on Twitter. Less Than 30 Minutes Later, Elon Musk Promised to Fix It

Not the norm. Most of the time Tesla is not listening. Most of the time Elon is not listening. How could he, he gets bombarded with requests, tweets, etc. Once in a while he answers a few tweets and everybody goes wild including the media. And yet, Tesla for the most part still has the same institutional/corporate-culture communications problems it has always had. They are taking baby steps to improve but it still is not enough. It will come to haunt them big-time in next 12 months as a hundred thousand-plus Model 3s get delivered.

Reactions: Petra
regarding using social media to contact a company I've found that sometimes posting an issue on social media like twitter (which I rarely use) sometimes will generate a rapid response. Case in point, this is very effective with the airlines. when there are problems it is very hard to get your issues addressed in the traditional call the airline are discussing the issue with them but put a tweet on the problem and voila there's a customer service rep willing and able to address the issue. recently I was delayed 4+ hours because of the airline having a crew staffing issue, getting through via the reservation line was impossible, I got things sorted out via twitter. while she couldn't get me rerouted they did rebate a good portion of the fare.

as for tesla I don't put much faith into the report issue from car feature, I've never gotten any feedback from anything I've reported. I've never had a large enough unresolved issue to take it to social media other than posting it here

You're correct that issue must be provocative to increase likelihood of response via social media. More serious the scenario coupled with having documented exhaustion of all standard forms of issue resolution. Every time I have used this tool it has generated a more timely if not rapid response. Case in point...UPS immediately replied to a direct message in July. I was able to arrange a same day late afternoon pickup after FedEx failed to process prearranged shipment 24 hours prior. After several attempts and my being aggressively proactive they still sent the wrong vehicle and driver by law could not take the packages. Hence my hail Mary to UPS whom I'd used previously. Mind you this wasn't their problem BUT they did step in got two very large boxes from VA to PA in less than two days. I forgave them for how one box got a bit banged up in process. Moral of story? Social media attention works.