Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a DAB radio station working on a model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can now verify DAB+ radio does work in Australia on a model 3 and it just a software limitation. The way I found it is due to a software error. I wanted to listen to 1079 Life FM. It didnt show up in the list so I did a direct tune. But when i set the freq to 107.9 instead I get Buddha Radio. It seems there is a software bug related to the last selectable fm freq. 108.0 is not selectable. There is a message at the top which says DAB radio. It also shows the signal strength. Its not using tunein as the display is differant and the station switch is immediate. So DAB+ is there and works. Except i can only get the 1 radio station and not the fm one i wanted. Although 1079 Life is also on DAB

Reactions: Hairyman and Anubis
Here is the picture of what is happening. Not sure if this only occours in Adelaide where we have a 107.9 MHz radio station.
20200129_090826.jpg

Reactions: Anubis
Well that is very odd, because DAB+ in Australia broadcasts in VHF channels 9A (202.928 MHz), 9B (204.640 MHz) and 9C (206.352 MHz). Adelaide uses 9B. 107.9 MHz is clearly not high enough to tune into those! Presumably entering 204.64 would not work.

If you save it as a favourite, is there any delay when the station is selected after listening to FM? Going from one FM station to another is basically instantaneous, but there would be a decoding delay of a couple of seconds before a DAB+ station would start playing.

107.9MHz is a fm radio station in Adelaide not any DAB station. Its definately playing Hit Buddha on DAB instead of Life FM. As I have been listening to it and they do say the station name fairly often. If i tune to 107.8 i get static and can hear a bit of Life FM.