TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Got a new button in mytesla account

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by brandonmbeard, Sep 25, 2013.

1. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

So I am OCD and check mytesla account every morning for changes in status. This morning I see a new button that was not there previously that says View Design. Previously there was nothing in this space. Does the appearance of that button mean I'm any closer to entering production?

2. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

This appeared here too the other day, along with The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

3. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Hmm, the View Design appearaed for me the moment I pressed Confirm. The PDF that it showed was my original design up until today when my phone based plea for a P85 went through and the new design shows the performance design with a new price :) For me it'll be a long time until my Tesla enters production I think ...

4. studiojon

studiojon Member

I think it's new. Because mine said production complete for two days with no button and then suddenly last night the design button arrived for me too. ......just in time as I'm picking it up at 4pm today.....

5. Reed

Reed Member

Yeah, that is a new button for me as well. I haven't seen that PDF of my car configuration before. Thanks!

6. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Pfft! That's wannabe OCD. Real OCD would be checking it every couple of hours like some (whose names I shall not mention). But you get an A for effort. :smile:

7. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

Eep, I check every few hours. It could change status at any moment you know! Yikes waiting is harder than I ever thought.

8. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Lol, OK i'm a slacker OCD. I will start to check every few hours. I'm thinking the license plate will be IMPATNT.

9. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Does that plate mean that upon impact a lot of TNT will go off?

But seriously, I think I check every hour or so to see if the VIN has appeared. Being in EU the wait is worse than you guys have. At best my car will be ready in 4 months and that would be exceeding their predictions by far. More likely I'll see in ca 3+ months that the car enters production and then I have to wait for the shipment etc...

10. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

I've had a VIN since about 2 hours after I confirmed.

And since your post I've checked the account twice. I'm waiting for it to go from "We have begun sourcing parts" to "Come meet your new baby"

11. Liz G

Liz G P03056

My Tesla dashboard said "The factory is building your car" for so long that even after 9 months I'm surprised to see it read "Delivered".

12. doctrewho

doctrewho Member

Looks like I'm going to be one of the "long wait for a VIN" people. It's not quite been 24 hours since I confirmed but I still don't have a VIN. I've only checked the My Tesla page about 8 times today so far. :)

13. liuping

liuping Active Member

Well at least I don't feel quite as bad about checking it so frequently. There is a chance something will actually change today. :)

14. umuhk

umuhk Member

I confirmed my S85 on 16 Sept; I've not yet received a VIN. My estimated delivery is "November"; I suspect I narrowly missed the tail end of October deliveries.

15. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Checking dashboard too often and gotta glance at emails very time one pops up… could be info about the new baby :)

16. kitt1983

kitt1983 Member

Do they send you the VIN through email, or do we just find out by checking dashboard? Confirmed 9/21 no VIN yet.

17. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

Mine just showed up on dashboard right after I confirmed.

18. julioalonso

julioalonso Member

I confirmed Sept 3rd and initially got told to expect delivey in late October and later that my car had been moved to an earlier batch and that it would be out of production on Sept. 30 and delivered to Florida by mid October. I now have a delivery date confirmed for October 17th and the car is in production. VIN is 22075.

19. LV2SF

LV2SF Member

Earlier is always better! Is the garage ready?

20. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Looked this AM and my delivery date no longer shows. I feel like the dashboard is completely inaccurate at reading the status of your order form Tesla.