Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a nice surprise picking up my P85D tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are those hooks in the rear on the sides for child seats?
kind of glad they aren't there on mine.

Those hooks are for the optional rear facing seats.

- - - Updated - - -

The seats look amazing!

Have you noticed a difference in the dome lights of your P85D compared to your previous P85+?

The dome lights that I saw on the P85D here in NC are more of a warm 2700K color vs. the pure white color of the dome lights in my current Model S.

Do the dome lights still match the color of your LED interior accent lights?

I had a P85+ for about three weeks in September - Early October and this is on an entirely different level.

View attachment 66302

View attachment 66303

Yes. Those (along with the rectangular thing on the back of the center rear seat) are the anchor points for the 3rd row seats.

cool, liking my P more and more :tongue: (although I'm sure I wouldn't be able to sleep If I had your P85D!!)
I guess they moved the latches from the rear of the back seats to the sides of the wheel well. Are they there regardless of options? I know they stopped putting the extra reinforcements in the rear at some point for cars not coming equipped with the child seats. then maybe they started again? Pretty sure there are some S' that can't have child seats retrofitted because of the extra strength member in the rear

Those hooks are for the optional rear facing seats.

- - - Updated - - -

The seats look amazing!

Have you noticed a difference in the dome lights of your P85D compared to your previous P85+?

The dome lights that I saw on the P85D here in NC are more of a warm 2700K color vs. the pure white color of the dome lights in my current Model S.

Do the dome lights still match the color of your LED interior accent lights?

I took a look at the dome lights and took some pictures of how they look and the light they cast. They are posted here: http://1drv.ms/1v5pVmZ

While I don't have strong memories of my P85+ (again, only had it 3 weeks before trading in), I do think these are warmer / less blue than before (not sure about the degrees Kelvin but perhaps you've got an opinion). The accent lights do appear more bluish / pure white. Hope this helps.

Hey Volt, try going to the winter options menu (where you put the heated seats on from) and tap on your steering wheel to see if anything happens. That's how you turn it on if you have it from a photo I saw earlier - give it a shot!

Unfortunately, I think I'm out of luck on the heated steering wheel. Here's a shot of the winter package controls and there's nothing selectable on the steering wheel:

winter settings.jpg

I never expected it, so not a huge deal for me.

Damn, I guess getting NG front and back seats without needing to take it back to the service center makes up for it. Who knows what my car will have next week when the truck gets to CT.

All I want is a single NG driver seat I'll be good until January.

Okay, I took some pictures of the seats folded down. In short they do not lay flat and, in fact, there's a lip / step from the flat rear cargo area up to the folded down seat back. I don't have much time right now but I did take some pictures and have posted them here for you all to see:

http://1drv.ms/13AYElU

Hopefully, this helps you get a sense.

Thanks for all the pictures. Ok, am I seeing things or is there a faint Tesla logo in the carpet you can see when the seats are folded down?

Seats are a big, big improvement. I'm also 6'1" (200 lbs). the side bolsters are firm but not overly so. They are a welcome change given the power increase and better cornering with AWD.

Hey Volt, when you sit on the back seat with your legs angled, is it able to support your thigh now? Or just the same with the old seat and not able to hold your thigh at all?

Can you you please elaborate the side bolster on the back seat? Stiff and harder to slide in and out the car?

Just a point. I mentioned in another thread that they reminded me of 5-series sport seats (2005) but I actually had the comfort seat (unusual for a 5 series at that time - custom order only). Now they remind me of this seat but obviously not as good. The side bolster adjustment could get you pretty tight but the NextGens got me to where I wanted to be. The lumber support was on par (to my memory).

They are not hard and I know many of the sport seats were hard back then (don't know about now). I don't think anyone is going to complain the NextGen are hard but if someone is bigger, I can see the restriction complaints.