Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a SR+ in September without HW3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I have ordered a SR+ without FSD in late july and received it in the middle of september 2019. VIN number around 466k. Great car, only issue is that it doesnt seem to display traffic cones. I have read that every model 3 built after april 2019 had the HW3.0, with the ability to recognize and to display traffic cones since the last few updates. Many people said that to get the cone visualized, the FSD package is not required, only the HW3.0. I don't really plan to get FSD later on, which would definitely require to switch to the newest hardware possible, but it seems very strange to me that a car built in the summer (I assume, made a custom order for it, but I can't confirm the build date since there's no such info in the sticker on the driver side door) still seems to have HW2.5. This, coupled with some misaligned panels plus the fact that I had to get the car serviced after 2 weeks because the alarm system would start blaring randomly leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, almost as if they assigned me an old car for whatever reason.
I live in Italy, by the way, if that changes something. For example, the release notes for the latest update (today) was just 2 points : increased max charging speed and improved wipers.

I haven't had the chance to physically check under the glovebox for the part number, mostly because I dont want to mess around too much... could I hop over to the nearest service center and ask them to update it?

Thanks, if this is a stupid question forgive me.

AP cars don't need 3.0.

I'm not saying I don't understand where you are coming from, but I don't expect you will get an update.

Plus, 3.0 needs more power. If you.dont have FSD I'm not sure I'd want it anyway as Elon has said it will make no difference to AP-only cars (cones aside of course).

I agree, this is definitely a first world problem, but we are already starting to see a couple of differences between different cars softwares. Who’s to say that this gap will not widen in the upcoming months?
I’ll probably get FSD in the future when we get another tesla though, but for now, I still prefer to drive the car, it’s such a joy to use.

There are 2 stickers, one with the suggested tire pressures and the other is this one (blacked out some vin digits because everyone seems to do so for whatever reason)

Attachments

• E7ECFB68-C740-4A08-A034-E7E7056062DC.jpeg
    E7ECFB68-C740-4A08-A034-E7E7056062DC.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Funny
Reactions: jedi2b
Totally agree, and this is why I bought FSD during the sale even though I had EAP.

I work for a software company and they dissolved EAP I guessed that stuff like this was much more likely. maybe things will change l, we shall see.

I agree, this is definitely a first world problem, but we are already starting to see a couple of differences between different cars softwares. Who’s to say that this gap will not widen in the upcoming months?
I’ll probably get FSD in the future when we get another tesla though, but for now, I still prefer to drive the car, it’s such a joy to use.

I also got an "old" build at the time of my delivery. However, it came with some perks itself. Do you have any of the following?
  • Front trunk mat/carpet
  • Front trunk grocery hooks (top edge, they flip up)
  • Included USB cables
  • Fog lights present (even if disabled due to being SR version)
  • Lighted front door pockets (at night)
Any of the above would be indicative of an older build, as they were removed at some point. In my country I also got an adapter (NEMA 14-50) that people were otherwise no longer getting with the car.

I also got an "old" build at the time of my delivery. However, it came with some perks itself. Do you have any of the following?
  • Front trunk mat/carpet
  • Front trunk grocery hooks (top edge, they flip up)
  • Included USB cables
  • Fog lights present (even if disabled due to being SR version)
  • Lighted front door pockets (at night)
Any of the above would be indicative of an older build, as they were removed at some point. In my country I also got an adapter (NEMA 14-50) that people were otherwise no longer getting with the car.

I know I didn't get any mats or cables. I would have to check for the other things.

My car was also a September build with HW2.5.

Best way to check is to open up the cover under the glove box and just look.