Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a ticket for 11mph over on a highway while on Autopilot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a pretrial meeting with the DA today. showed him the video, case dismissed!

Good job and congratulations!

I'm sorry you had to hire an attorney. It's about time cops who didn't respect the law were fired (and not allowed to get another job in another area).

Back in the day cops were respectful to ordinary citizens acting normally. Now they act like they are your boss. It's time it stopped.

• Love
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy

I like it when you know you were in the right and thanks to video can be proven to be so. Years ago before we had a car with a dashcam we were driving in downtown San Jose and had to make a left turn. This was the section near the former San Jose Rep Theater and the traffic signal and posted signage for making turns was much different than other turn lanes. Anyway don't recall the specifics but my husband made the turn as directed to by the turn signal and promptly got pulled over and given a ticket. My husband was sure he followed the signal lights and made a proper turn. I suggested we borrow a video camera from someone and go back and film the changing of the lights at that intersection during the time of day the ticket occured (yes this was even before cell phones with video capabilities) and we did. Had video proof it was a legal turn. Showed it to the officer while waiting to be called and he agreed. The judge wanted to see it too and dismissed the case. Our stopping officer wasn't incompetent, just wasn't familiar with that section and control signals there, but he had been sure that what my husband explained before getting a ticket was not correct. We all learn. Wasn't crazy about losing the time to make the court date but did feel good walking out. OP glad to see you were able to prove your case.

Good job and congratulations!

I'm sorry you had to hire an attorney. It's about time cops who didn't respect the law were fired (and not allowed to get another job in another area).

Back in the day cops were respectful to ordinary citizens acting normally. Now they act like they are your boss. It's time it stopped.
Luckily the attorney is a friend. So no cost on my end beyond a dinner that he has coming to him for the “consulting” work. If it would have gone to trial he was going to get another friend of his to represent me as he can’t, due to his actual job. He’s a super nice dude. All in all a great day, and I completely agree about the mentality of many police officers now. It’s disturbing.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Fantastic! I love hearing people win against a lying cop.
There really needs to be a system keeping track of things like this. The officer got off without any repercussions even though they lied or best case were uninformed. Now he’s out there looking for his next “victim”

• Love
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Fantastic! I love hearing people win against a lying cop.
There really needs to be a system keeping track of things like this. The officer got off without any repercussions even though they lied or best case were uninformed. Now he’s out there looking for his next “victim”
Completely agree. It’s sad to know that many others have likely been extorted out of their hard earned money due to his a)dishonesty or b)incompetence. I don’t know which was the cause, and I try my hardest not to assign motive to ones actions. (It’s super hard in this case).

Without a dash camera you don’t have a chance in hell against a cop in court. I learned that lesson in college...