Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Got a ticket violation and now you need a front license plate holder? Don’t drill!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh no! Drilling into the nose cone (front bumper) of your Tesla Model S is not something that anyone wants to do. It effects the look of your car – and not in a good way! There are 31 states in the U.S. that require a front license plate to be displayed on your vehicle which you can see a report on here.

law-auto-pilot-3.jpg

We have a great alternative for you! Mountable in the factory honeycomb grill of your Model S, The Law front license plate bracket is able to be positioned on whichever side of your vehicle you choose.

law-auto-pilot-1.jpg

As the Tesla Model S continues to evolve with parking and proximity sensors and Auto Pilot technology, so does Torklift Central. Our Law removable front license plate bracket is now compatible with Tesla’s Auto Pilot functionality and all 2012-2017 Model S vehicles*. Further features of The Law include:
  • Auto Pilot Compatible
  • No Drilling. Eliminate permanent holes in your front bumper, 100% bolt on application and no modification to the vehicle required
  • Easy to Install. Installs in minutes
  • No rust, no corrosion and show quality. Hand crafted out of aircraft grade aluminum and comes with stainless steel hardware. High impact powder coat makes it durable for any weather condition
  • Lifetime Warranty
*X7283 is not compatible with the 2017 Model S Refresh version

Keep it legal. Keep it classy. Keep The Law on your side.

law-auto-pilot-4.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions about The Law for the Model S, Model S EcoHitch or our Tesla hitch accessories. Feel free to contact us on the forum, or by using the info from our signature below.

Do you plan to offer one for the Model 3?

Hey BluestarE3 - we do have plans to get a Model 3 in as soon as we possibly can and will be looking at potentially making The Law as well as the EcoHitch. We'll need to look at the vehicle first though before we can officially confirm what we'll be producing for it.

Or the refresh model S? Id love an alternate location for my front plate....

Tech_Guy - thanks for the question! Since the refresh Model S came from the factory with a no-drill license plate option, we chose to wait on making The Law for it. But, if there's interest in one for the refresh - we'd be more than happy to bring in a refresh Model S to test for The Law.

I've never understood what the big deal is with people not wanting a front plate on the car. I don't think it diminishes the look of the car at all. I've lived in Texas all my life, so every car I've owned and every car that I see on the road has a front plate. It's no big deal.

Plus, if you have a vanity plate, why not show it off from the front as well as the back?

Fortunately in GA we are not required to have a front tag.
The EU tag is narrower and looks more aero maybe I could make up a blank and add a matching sticker dimensioned with....... [ State & Flag... Rear Number ] , it would still be illegal in states that require a front tag however
but not in GA as I run a regulation sized 'Road Bike' vanity front Tag on my Mustang.