Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got an update, yes............

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you can tell, this is my first Tesla. Finally got an EDD (not an expected date of delivery...yes we actually use EDD for expectant mothersšŸ˜) but it actually means the same. If this is a shallow thread it's because it is. I am excited though. Yes. 2021 MY MSM.

I've test driven a Model 3 and drove my son's Model 3, I know it's not the Y but I assume they drive similar since the wheelbase are very close, and only the Y is taller/heavier. So I think I'm good. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Well, my EDD of Sept 15-30 disappeared from my account on the Tesla website. I've seen a few peeps say that this is normal behavior for Tesla....it's like teasing a dog with a bone lol. Anyway, is it bad that I check my Tesla account at least 3-4/day. lmaošŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: MBx4
A little ways ahead of you so itā€™s like standing in a long line at the dmv. Your number is your EDD and itā€™s safe to tell you as I look back at this long lines to where youā€™re standing that you EDD means nothing and Iā€™ll see you post 3 months from now that youā€™re edd is narrowed to a few days but still no vin. Welcome to frustration town, population everyone that ordered before you that paid a lower price and have ever changing delivery dates.

• Funny
Reactions: Rayvas
I'm actually ok with the waiting, obviously I don't want to go for 6 months, but I saw your profile and it looks like yours took 3 months. It doesn't bother me to wait (I'm sure we've "heard that before") but the longer I wait, the better I'm in position as far as finances go because I can start taking out my monthly payments and save it in advance before I actually start my monthly payment so I have a cushion for those "just in case" cases. However, I can understand if I was paying in cash...because that would be different. I'm just excited about the car.

Reactions: MBx4
I'm actually ok with the waiting, obviously I don't want to go for 6 months, but I saw your profile and it looks like yours took 3 months. It doesn't bother me to wait (I'm sure we've "heard that before") but the longer I wait, the better I'm in position as far as finances go because I can start taking out my monthly payments and save it in advance before I actually start my monthly payment so I have a cushion for those "just in case" cases. However, I can understand if I was paying in cash...because that would be different. I'm just excited about the car.
yep, excited about the car, not the company. Haven't received the vehicle, just saying I received a text saying to accept a delivery in June on 06/28 and then that was it. It's been dead silent as far as any "delivery". So it's been 4+ months of waiting.

yep, excited about the car, not the company. Haven't received the vehicle, just saying I received a text saying to accept a delivery in June on 06/28 and then that was it. It's been dead silent as far as any "delivery". So it's been 4+ months of waiting.
Ooops, my bad...sorry about that. The Y I ordered only have the paint option which was the MSM, otherwise it's not the Performance one, no FSD, no white leather option....you get my drift. And you live in Cali, I'm in Illinois. I guess I should hope for the best, expect the worse type of deal then. Hopefully, you get yours soon, I can see why you're frustrated.