Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Autopilot for a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Tesla has been towed back up to Minnesota to get our battery back (HURRAY!). Anyhow they gave us a loaner while they swap it out. We got a 2015 60 with autopilot and supercharging capability. This thing has about evey feature that ours doesn't have minus the cold weather package. I will admit that the autopilot feaute is pretty awesome. It literally won't let you rearend someone with the cruise set. It detects every car and speed limit sign we passed thus far. It's quite amazing. Driving in the city with cruise set feels very strange but how smoothly it stops when it detects a car is spectacular. Air suspension doesn't feel any different than our regular suspension. Autopilot most certainly makes it much less stressful in heavy traffic driving.

The 60 did better than expected. We drove to Lincoln, NE from Treynor, IA and back to the supercharger doing 80mph-85mph on I-80 and got to the supercharger with 28 miles left (148 miles driven 49kwh consumed).

Having said all of this we are both extremely happy with our now somewhat outdated Tesla. We, unlike others, knew about the autopilot features and the D before we purchased our car. $20,000 dollar discount was too hard for us to pass up when we found ours. Tesla has taken care of us quite well thus far and we are very thankful for that. Sure hope they never get bought out. If you always put off getting this car because you might miss out on the latest feature you're only doing yourself a disservice because the barebones version is still awesome, better, and safer than any other car on the road today.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I was very interested you chose to buy a MS without autopilot while knowing it was coming. I would have bet good money there wasn't a soul on earth who could say that! I know I wouldn't have! Not criticizing your choice - just fascinated by it.

Our Tesla has been towed back up to Minnesota to get our battery back (HURRAY!). Anyhow they gave us a loaner while they swap it out. We got a 2015 60 with autopilot and supercharging capability. This thing has about evey feature that ours doesn't have minus the cold weather package. I will admit that the autopilot feaute is pretty awesome. It literally won't let you rearend someone with the cruise set. It detects every car and speed limit sign we passed thus far. It's quite amazing. Driving in the city with cruise set feels very strange but how smoothly it stops when it detects a car is spectacular. Air suspension doesn't feel any different than our regular suspension. Autopilot most certainly makes it much less stressful in heavy traffic driving.

The 60 did better than expected. We drove to Lincoln, NE from Treynor, IA and back to the supercharger doing 80mph-85mph on I-80 and got to the supercharger with 28 miles left (148 miles driven 49kwh consumed).

Having said all of this we are both extremely happy with our now somewhat outdated Tesla. We, unlike others, knew about the autopilot features and the D before we purchased our car. $20,000 dollar discount was too hard for us to pass up when we found ours. Tesla has taken care of us quite well thus far and we are very thankful for that. Sure hope they never get bought out. If you always put off getting this car because you might miss out on the latest feature you're only doing yourself a disservice because the barebones version is still awesome, better, and safer than any other car on the road today.

Congrats on your car and thanks for sharing! Is that $20,000 discount all showroom discount or does that also include the $7500 federal credit?