Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got backed into by some guy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh, I parked 25 feet behind a guy that was sleeping in a van. He woke up and decided to backup so he can make a u turn. He never checked behind him and rammed into my x at maybe 5mph. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be any damage other than minor scratches and maybe a slight bend at the bumper tabs on the side. I just let him go as he looked completely out of it and i am not even sure what I can get from a guy that might be sleeping in a van. Just for karma sake, I just let him go. Still, just want to say the x did a pretty good job at absorbing the Honda Odyssey’s bumper. Since I have the dash cam video, I guess I can file for comp claim at a later point.

Sigh, I parked 25 feet behind a guy that was sleeping in a van. He woke up and decided to backup so he can make a u turn. He never checked behind him and rammed into my x at maybe 5mph. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be any damage other than minor scratches and maybe a slight bend at the bumper tabs on the side. I just let him go as he looked completely out of it and i am not even sure what I can get from a guy that might be sleeping in a van. Just for karma sake, I just let him go. Still, just want to say the x did a pretty good job at absorbing the Honda Odyssey’s bumper. Since I have the dash cam video, I guess I can file for comp claim at a later point.

Yeah, you can probably get it fixed up for 10k to 15k. But I'd bet it is all on you, since your evidence clearly shows it was a collision. If you have the plate, maybe you can go after the guy for a hit/run. I got too close to a mailbox a couple weeks ago. Nice 12 inch scratch right rear quarter panel. No parts required, $2k to fix. Body work is brutally expensive.

within the tolerance of normal bodywork from tesla

Attachments

• 9D21F5F7-8B6D-42C7-BDB8-C29400DAA715.jpeg
    9D21F5F7-8B6D-42C7-BDB8-C29400DAA715.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 69