Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got car, everything perfect bam! I’m bummed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY LR is my first Tesla. It was great - really getting comfy with it. Fast forward two months and 3K miles later. I was driving, crossed a yellow light. Just before I did that, some young girl did an illegal u turn. I thought she was done turning but she kept going into the lane I got into and hit my passenger rear tire. I bounce off and hit an island.

Result? 3 months of repair, $500 deductible, no police report (Vegas police don’t stop for fender benders), mutual fault to insurance, diminished value about $18K or more, making trading the car in not practical. I love the car and had always intended to keep it but that choice has been removed unless I want to pay big bucks.

I’ve looked at the video and hit myself on the head. If I had just chilled out and not ran that yellow because I could, I would have avoided that careless woman. I don’t even want to show the video to insurance, just in case.

cautionary tale - don’t be so excited with the acceleration fun of your Tesla. It might get you into trouble.

MY LR is my first Tesla. It was great - really getting comfy with it. Fast forward two months and 3K miles later. I was driving, crossed a yellow light. Just before I did that, some young girl did an illegal u turn. I thought she was done turning but she kept going into the lane I got into and hit my passenger rear tire. I bounce off and hit an island.

Result? 3 months of repair, $500 deductible, no police report (Vegas police don’t stop for fender benders), mutual fault to insurance, diminished value about $18K or more, making trading the car in not practical. I love the car and had always intended to keep it but that choice has been removed unless I want to pay big bucks.

I’ve looked at the video and hit myself on the head. If I had just chilled out and not ran that yellow because I could, I would have avoided that careless woman. I don’t even want to show the video to insurance, just in case.

cautionary tale - don’t be so excited with the acceleration fun of your Tesla. It might get you into trouble.
Ouch 😣 sorry to hear that.