TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Got Clarification of User Manuals reference to reading road signs (it does not)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by GolanB, Jun 6, 2019.

1. GolanB

GolanB Supporting Member

Two weeks ago, I was reading through the most recent version of the Model 3 Owners manual, and the way it was written, it made it sound like the Model 3 had the abillity to read road signs.

More specifically, it stated:

You can also specify how the speed limit is determined: • Relative - The speed limit is determined automatically based on detected traffic signs and GPS data.

See Speed Assist on page 93: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf
    I wrote to Tesla, and got the following clarification. This is what I originally believed, but I thought - hoped - they were alluding to a new feature change:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 2.11.35 PM.png

• Informative x 1
  2. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

I was going to comment on this as well. I've been under the impression that reading speed limit signs is covered by a mobileye patent, which is why AP1 cars do it but newer cars don't.