Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got crashed into whilst stationary - Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worldwide freight is in a state at the moment, with costs going through the roof (I've seen reports of a tenfold increase in pricing). This is due to the Covid pandemic. Add in the self-inflicted headwound that is the "B" word and that all may go some way to explaining the difficultly in getting parts.

Worldwide freight is in a state at the moment, with costs going through the roof (I've seen reports of a tenfold increase in pricing). This is due to the Covid pandemic. Add in the self-inflicted headwound that is the "B" word and that all may go some way to explaining the difficultly in getting parts.

One of the major problems seems to be a shortage of empty containers in the Far East. Apparently, the massive increase in shipping stuff from there, related to the pandemic, has used up all the available containers and empty ones aren't being returned at a fast enough rate.

Lots of knock-on effects, from much increased shipping prices per container to long delays in stuff getting here.

Reactions: Zakalwe
Auxillis are awful they have no interest in looking after you, use a claim company totally independent of the insurance companies.

+1 for that.

Went through the same pantomime with Auxillis over hire car fees when my stationary (parked) car was hit. All set to go to court over the hire car fees (for the car they arranged while acting for me having been appointed by my insurer - the other insurer refused to pay the rate charged).

Auxillis wanted to me say I had no means of paying for an alternative hire car, had no credit card or access to any other transport and so on. Told them I wasn't prepared to lie on their behalf and as they had confirmed I would have nothing to pay they should sort it and leave me out of it.

The problem with my case was that the other party wouldn't respond to his own insurer, despite having acknowledged to me that he had hit my car when I confronted him at the time. Still get the odd call about 'your medical compensation entitlement' despite not being in the car when it was hit.

+1 for that.
Went through the same pantomime with Auxillis over hire car fees when my stationary (parked) car was hit. All set to go to court over the hire car fees (for the car they arranged while acting for me having been appointed by my insurer - the other insurer refused to pay the rate charged).
Auxillis wanted to me say I had no means of paying for an alternative hire car, had no credit card or access to any other transport and so on. Told them I wasn't prepared to lie on their behalf and as they had confirmed I would have nothing to pay they should sort it and leave me out of it.
The problem with my case was that the other party wouldn't respond to his own insurer, despite having acknowledged to me that he had hit my car when I confronted him at the time. Still get the odd call about 'your medical compensation entitlement' despite not being in the car when it was hit.

Wow, this is word for word regarding my issues I had with Auxillis when my Ampera was hit (when stationary).
Repair delays caused my hire car costs to be huge by the time the car was returned and higher than the car's repair costs!
How does over £5,000 for a few months sound to you for a Nissan "Joke"? Awful car.
I could have rented one myself for £100 a week or less. As I said to Auxillis they could have given me the £5,000 in cash, I could have purchased a runner and sold it for a profit afterwards!

I also had to be prepared to go to court to swear I couldn't pay for a hire car (of course I could). If I didn't make myself available to go to court, the car hire would revert to me through some small print!

It was settled between them just before the case. I also get numerous calls regarding my "entitlement" to compensation.

Auxillis are on par with or worse than Parking Eye et al. Guess who is paying for their profits.

Last edited:
I have now finally got my car back this week. Complete farce and shocking “Tesla authorised repairer”. I picked it up from what can only be described as a scrap yard. The car is filthy and I mean filthy! They offered to valet it I refused given the damage they could cause. The doors have clearly been open for sometime in an indoors paint shop with no covers on the seats or interior. Rivet heads everywhere and small burn holes in the carpet. Panels misaligned - now sorted. There were even parts not attached to the vehicle when I arrived. Not impressed. If I’d have visited this place before they took my car there, they wouldn’t have got it. On the up side the paint work is quite good and in time I will be able to solve the other bits. What are Tesla doing to “authorise” these places! I feel like naming the repairer but let’s just say they are in the North East. I have had BMWs and Porsches repaired in the past and the experience was flawless.