Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Delivery message today, can I DELAY it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MYL in may, and got message today:

Please reply YES if you are ready to pick up your Tesla in the 1-2 weeks :)

Pleaes reply DELAY if you are not ready. Your order will automatically be placed on hold and this vehicle will move on to the next customer. Please note that if this order is placed on hold, it may be subject to cancellation based on the order date.

Thank you.

So I'm not really ready, financially and with other rumors around the changes coming. I may like it to be delayed for 1 month-ish. Is it safe for me to reply DELAY?

Currently my estimated delivery is still showing Dec 9-23, no VIN assigned yet.

I ordered MYL in may, and got message today:

Please reply YES if you are ready to pick up your Tesla in the 1-2 weeks :)

Pleaes reply DELAY if you are not ready. Your order will automatically be placed on hold and this vehicle will move on to the next customer. Please note that if this order is placed on hold, it may be subject to cancellation based on the order date.

Thank you.

So I'm not really ready, financially and with other rumors around the changes coming. I may like it to be delayed for 1 month-ish. Is it safe for me to reply DELAY?

Currently my estimated delivery is still showing Dec 9-23, no VIN assigned yet.

Since you capitalized "DELAY", if you type that same word into the search box above to search the model Y subforum for threads on the topic, I guarantee you will find at least 20-25 other threads you could read on the topic (likely more). I could link them for you, but then I will be accused of being mean, so I will just say that you can find plenty of existing discussion on that exact word.

Thanks! I admitted I got lazy as my friend just got one and had a different process.

To Norcalbowler's question: Nothing major but I saw some minor changes in some recent threads like some ppl got matrix light, new camera, USS removed while waiting for FW upgrade for vision to work etc. While I'm sorting out financial stuff, may want to wait a bit for things to settle.

Thanks! I admitted I got lazy as my friend just got one and had a different process.

To Norcalbowler's question: Nothing major but I saw some minor changes in some recent threads like some ppl got matrix light, new camera, USS removed while waiting for FW upgrade for vision to work etc. While I'm sorting out financial stuff, may want to wait a bit for things to settle.
I believe I read that LR was suppose to have matrix light but they were delayed because of supply chain issues. The model 3 appears to have them. The Modely Y p has matrix lights. New cameras may be worth waiting for.