Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Email from Tesla requesting to pay for car (HAWAII)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ross,

Sad to say, you have to make the payment before Tesla will put the car on the ship to us. you should have gotten an email form Catherine detailing the process, which includes this statement - *Note that your final paperwork must be signed and final payment made before Tesla will be able to ship your Model S to the Honolulu Service Center. Please make final payment by December 9[SUP]th[/SUP].*

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Yes, for me, My payment was DUE yesterday!!! I Paid last week, and coincidentally, it went into production the next day, and completed production yesterday... (yes I did many Happy dances)

Mine should be here sometime around the 22nd.

Yes, reading threads here and on the Tesla website, a lot of people pay the same day as pick up or as they state after inspecting the car, we don't have that choice.

[/FONT]

Welcome to the forum!!

I just got off phone with Catherine, she told me that I could make final payment when I pick up car. She also told me there was a delay in production and shipping and she thinks there is a possibility that delivery wont be in dec. I did not get an email about having to pay for the car before it ships. My delivery date was 17-22nd. I went over all the emails from Catherine and didnt get anything about making final payment by a certain date either.

I'm kinda new here, but welcome to to the forum!
Ross

We all have gone through the Teslanxiety. I couldn't wait to get to Waipahu to pick up Tessie. We called several times and found out that it was at the SC. Got mine on Kamehameha Day, 2013. Some of us even went through this twice (Akikiki, remember the ICE torture you had to endure!)

Ross - Sorry about the wrong scoops about the payment, I guess I ordered a model they don't want to get stuck with so I had to pay first... :)

Stephen, Akiki and Spleen, Hi guys thanks, I have been just reading the posts for a few months... Yes, I am obsessed, and can't wait for my car...

its a pearl white 60, reordered when the auto pilot was announced... like I mentioned, production is completed, just waiting to find out my delivery date.

I have been checking Matson using the VIN and no luck yet. and no word from Catherine....

Ross - Sorry about the wrong scoops about the payment, I guess I ordered a model they don't want to get stuck with so I had to pay first... :)

Stephen, Akiki and Spleen, Hi guys thanks, I have been just reading the posts for a few months... Yes, I am obsessed, and can't wait for my car...

its a pearl white 60, reordered when the auto pilot was announced... like I mentioned, production is completed, just waiting to find out my delivery date.

I have been checking Matson using the VIN and no luck yet. and no word from Catherine....

When checking with Matson you only have the name of the ship since the cars themselves are containerized for shipping. there are only two vessels that carry vehicles between the west coast and Hawaii. unfortunately I can't remember their names. the good news is that their scheduled arrival time here in Hawaii is consistent (arrival on Thursday afternoons if I remember correctly) allowing a day or two for the SC to prep and you will be rewarded with a shiny new MS.
a general rule of thumb when tesla gives you a date... add a week or two from the date they give you.

There are more then 5 Model S's on the Horizon Lines ship (Horizon Pacific PS411S)(not Matson as we thought) headed to Honolulu, that should (bad weather slows the ship) arrive SUNDAY!!!! by the time its delivered to Tesla inspected and prepped for pick up will be NEXT weekend....

There are more then 5 Model S's on the Horizon Lines ship (Horizon Pacific PS411S)(not Matson as we thought) headed to Honolulu, that should (bad weather slows the ship) arrive SUNDAY!!!! by the time its delivered to Tesla inspected and prepped for pick up will be NEXT weekend....

Guys don't give up hope of getting your car before 1 Jan. This is end of the quarter as well as year end. Many of us know from first hand experience that the SC will do everything possible to get cars delivered before midnight on the last day of the quarter. We've seen it before. I highly recommend you be ready to hear from the SC before year end. Tesla does not just count cars paid for. They also count delivered. Be patient but be ready. Let me know if I can help.

Just an update to anyone else wondering where their car is.
I just got off phone with DS and she said cars are still in CA and are in the last stage of prep from the factory. They are trying to get the cars on the ship this wed. If it misses the boat, delivery wont happen until first or second week of January. Actually to clarify this, she was talking specifically about my car. I read somewhere on a nother forum thread that the very first P85D's got pulled from the line at the end of production and had to be "fixed", thus cars ordered later were actually done sooner. I ordered mine on 10-10 and confirmed soon after that, so I'm assuming I was one of the first to order.
Happy holidays!
Ross
G's in Hawaii, please post if your car gets here at the end of this week!

Ross, will do, ship just got to into port about an hour ago, hopefully it can get to Tesla, tested and Prepped... I hope your makes it on the ship Wednesday. whenyou make the ship and care to track it, you can check marinetraffic.com however it only will show it leaving port and about 12 hours from arrival, i.e. you have to pay to access the entire voyage.

I got the call from the DS today too regarding my P85D.

She seemed pretty confident my car would make it to Oakland in time for the Wednesday crossing.

Like others, my car is coming with the previous generation seats and will be fitted with the Next Generation seats as they become available.

I got the call from the DS today too regarding my P85D.

She seemed pretty confident my car would make it to Oakland in time for the Wednesday crossing.

Like others, my car is coming with the previous generation seats and will be fitted with the Next Generation seats as they become available.

How exciting! I really liked the next gen seats when I rode in the P85D. Way more comfortable then current versions.

That's Great ! You should host a party to show us your PD.

I'd love to do that, but I live on K auai and the plan is to get it prepped and over to me asap. You're welcome to check it out while it's at the service center, but it'll look just like a model S with a "D" on the back and a slightly smaller frunk :)

Funny story: I came over to Oahu last week to for a little vacation and to put names with faces at Tesla Honolulu and stayed in Waikiki. I was looking around everywhere to see if I saw any of you guys driving around but didn't. We went out to dinner at Hy's (Yeah!!!) and when we got back to Halekulani, there were three Teslas model S sitting out front. The owners were eating dinner, but I was sorely tempted to track them down and pepper them with questions.

North Shore,
Thats great news, I really hope our cars get on the ship tomorrow! I was hoping the next gen seats would be installed, thats a little crazy that they will pull the old seats and install the new ones here later. I wonder what theyll do with the old seats? It would be so great if we could keep them, I'd convert it to a desk chair for my office.
Namimac, when did you get to ride the P85D? Very jealous.

How exciting! I really liked the next gen seats when I rode in the P85D. Way more comfortable then current versions.

I really like the look of them too! Ordinarily, I would mind the swap but living on a outer island, it'll mean parting with my car for at least one shipping cycle and while Young Brothers seems to take good care, a lot can get banged around on those boats.

- - - Updated - - -

North Shore,
Thats great news, I really hope our cars get on the ship tomorrow! I was hoping the next gen seats would be installed, thats a little crazy that they will pull the old seats and install the new ones here later. I wonder what theyll do with the old seats? It would be so great if we could keep them, I'd convert it to a desk chair for my office.

I bet we spoke with the same delivery rep, initials CS? She was great and super friendly and reassuring.

I can't imagine what Tesla is going to do with a million barely used cars seats either! Maybe put them into their Certified Pre Owned cars to buff them up?

North Shore,

Love the idea of converting the old seats! I went to the Bay Area for Thanksgiving...did a test ride at the Palo Alto store...I hear that you can actually test drive them now. See Hawaii Tesla Owners Thread posts #2111 and #2113 for videos.

I'd love to do that, but I live on K auai and the plan is to get it prepped and over to me asap. You're welcome to check it out while it's at the service center, but it'll look just like a model S with a "D" on the back and a slightly smaller frunk :)

Funny story: I came over to Oahu last week to for a little vacation and to put names with faces at Tesla Honolulu and stayed in Waikiki. I was looking around everywhere to see if I saw any of you guys driving around but didn't. We went out to dinner at Hy's (Yeah!!!) and when we got back to Halekulani, there were three Teslas model S sitting out front. The owners were eating dinner, but I was sorely tempted to track them down and pepper them with questions.

If this was on Monday, one of those Ss was mine (white P85 but no badge) as we were there for the Chanel Christmas party :)