Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Email from Tesla requesting to pay for car (HAWAII)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
North Shore,
Did you hear from Catherine if our cars made it on the ship yesterday? She told me earlier if it made the ship delivery would be in about 11 days after it left. Otherwise it wont be till Jan first or second week.
Thanks!

I was out at the SC today saying Merry Christmas to everyone and google-eyeing all the new cars. There was more than 10 new 60's and at least one 85 being prepped for delivery. No PDs there - today. Surely was a nice gaggle of pretty Green, Greys, Red, Whites and Black MS's.

North Shore,
Did you hear from Catherine if our cars made it on the ship yesterday? She told me earlier if it made the ship delivery would be in about 11 days after it left. Otherwise it wont be till Jan first or second week.
Thanks!

I did not get confirmation, but she seemed pretty confident when I spoke with her on Monday. I don't want to put words into her mouth or pretend she said some thing she didn't but... I feel like our cars made it.

She told me that they're shipping on Horizon out of Oakland. If you go to the Horizon site and look at their schedule, Wednesday's departure from Oakland arrives in Honolulu Harbor at midnight, Sunday Dec 21.

That gives a crossing time of about 5 days. ( http://www.horizonlines.com/netcaptain?page=sailscheddefault )

I don't know how long it takes to get off the boat, to Tesla and prepped, and into your hands, but I'm going to guess you get your car in the next 8 days or so. Mine will be complicated by trips back and forth to the harbor around the Xmas holiday.

edit: Here's a link showing the ship position. It shows ETA 2014-12-22 20:00 UTC (note time is in UTC = 2014-12-22 10:00 HNL time )

HORIZON ENTERPRISE - Container Ship: current position and details | IMO 7617905, MMSI 366758000, Callsign KRGB | Registered in USA - AIS Marine Traffic

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder you were admiring my car, it's set up exactly like yours! (except for the 21's and AWD of course).

I know. It was pretty funny since one of the big things I wanted to do was get a good look at Telsas. Your car is beautiful!

Last edited:
bummers, just got this email from Tesla.
Hi Ross,

Your Model S just missed the ship this week. It will be on the next boat over and I am estimating it will be ready for delivery between January 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and 10[SUP]th[/SUP].

The team is working on recreating your final paperwork now. They are a little backed up right now.

Best,

Catherine
Oh well, itll be a late xmas present I guess!
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Ross, Sorry to hear this for you. But please believe this, as soon as you sit down behind the wheel and press that go pedal, it will all be worth it and you will immediately forget this delay. This "forgiveness" happens every time.

Hi Ross,

Your Model S just missed the ship this week. It will be on the next boat over and I am estimating it will be ready for delivery between January 8[SUP]th[/SUP] and 10[SUP]th[/SUP].

The team is working on recreating your final paperwork now. They are a little backed up right now.

Best,

Catherine

Hi Ross,

Best,

Catherine

Ouch! I feel your pain. But we are here for you.

Ross, Sorry to hear this for you. But please believe this, as soon as you sit down behind the wheel and press that go pedal, it will all be worth it and you will immediately forget this delay. This "forgiveness" happens every time.

Totally agree with Akikiki...After a couple weeks of not knowing when I would get my car ..all that anxiety was completely forgotten when I saw my car for the first time at the SC!

You are most welcome to stop by my house to sit in my MS to help deal with the Teslanxiety.

Wow, that's such a generous offer. You should take him up on that. It really does help with Teslanxiety. Back in Aug and Sep '13 when I was waiting on mine, I just to sneak into drtko's MS and set in it at night between midnight and 4 a.m. It helped me. Oops, did I say that outloud?

Wow, that's such a generous offer. You should take him up on that. It really does help with Teslanxiety. Back in Aug and Sep '13 when I was waiting on mine, I just to sneak into drtko's MS and set in it at night between midnight and 4 a.m. It helped me. Oops, did I say that outloud?

See, that is why I installed the extra security cameras in my garage. I was wondering who was sleeping in my car all those months ago.