Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got EVed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s it called when an EV parks at a gas pump? Do you say you “Got EVed”???

I saw a Model 3 park at a gas pump here in Richmond, VA. Shouldn’t we all avoid parking in front of devices that are meant to provide power to other forms of transportation...

Reactions: Dana1
Gas cars park in front of them as well even though they are not getting fuel. I think common courtesy should prevail here. If there are 8 other pumps open then I have no problem with EV or ICE vehicles parking there if they are running in to buy something. The Model 3 could have a gas can in their trunk for their snow blower so it's possible they were doing nothing wrong.

I’m not sure what this should be called.

Attachments

• 96F34F95-DB94-4BD5-B0D1-A40FDE9C238B.jpeg
    96F34F95-DB94-4BD5-B0D1-A40FDE9C238B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
I do it all the time as most gas stations have a pump that is broken or out of gas. I have even parked at a working pump on the end.

The difference is that I am going inside for 2 minutes and all the other pumps are empty. If someone needed that pump I could easily move my car. If there are 16 Superchargers that are empty and someone wants to use one to check their tire pressure or wash their windshield I have no problem with that.

Tesla is testing some devices to prevent ICEing at Supercharger stations. Pop up devices that will high center someone that doesn't have a code to park there. That's in China. For the US probably going to need some big tire spikes or much bigger pop-ups to stop pickup trucks and SUVs.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
How do you tie down gas cans in the 3. I haven't figured out how to use the trunk for propane, Corny Kegs, or Gas or carboys yet. There is plenty of room but no way to tie anything down?
I alway wedge things. With more weighty, tippy stuff like that I put it into the well, and bring something that fills the rest so it's jammed on the sides.

That's a bit dodge if you rolled the vehicle, I suppose. Even with the well lid back on and sealed with the charging bag. Still, that's about par for the course with carrying gasoline cans in passenger vehicles.

For lighter stuff the stock charging gear bag, with its' pseudo-velcro bottom, is awesome for wedging stuff into corners.

I alway wedge things. With more weighty, tippy stuff like that I put it into the well, and bring something that fills the rest so it's jammed on the sides.

That's a bit dodge if you rolled the vehicle, I suppose. Even with the well lid back on and sealed with the charging bag. Still, that's about par for the course with carrying gasoline cans in passenger vehicles.

For lighter stuff the stock charging gear bag, with its' pseudo-velcro bottom, is awesome for wedging stuff into corners.
I can see the headlines now. Model 3 gas fire! :p

How do you tie down gas cans in the 3. I haven't figured out how to use the trunk for propane, Corny Kegs, or Gas or carboys yet. There is plenty of room but no way to tie anything down?

I have some of the CarGo blocks that I had gotten with my VW to hold things in place.

Get an electric mower, if you can. Seriously. No stink, a fraction of the noise, and virtually none of the maintenance.
I loved taking my left-over gas and oil to the recycling center and saying "keep the cans."

We have a small yard and a working mower. Totally not worth it. I literally fill a can once a season.

Get an electric mower, if you can. Seriously. No stink, a fraction of the noise, and virtually none of the maintenance.
I loved taking my left-over gas and oil to the recycling center and saying "keep the cans."

I was looking to do that but the batteries are only good for 5 years maximum and they cost as much as the whole lawn mower to replace. My 20+ year old gas lawn mower is still working fine.