Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Flat Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only drove about 2k miles on my new tires I got 2 months ago. And one of them got a flat. The ones before I ran over something, it was there but it didn't deflate fast, it was very slow. This time, I pulled over and I could hear air hissing out the tire.

And Costco tire center employee said the tire is likely gonna need replacement. Because I drove on it while flat and it heated up. There needs to be a tire that can run over any nail or sharp objects, or people who drop nails on the road should be charged for damages.

Such an inconvenience, too dangerous to drive back home so left it at Costco, had parents pick me up, borrowed dad's car.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
There is such a thing as "run flat tires". I've heard they have their own disadvantages but maybe you should look into them. But get used to it, nails
and other debris on our roads are a fact of life. Tesla sells an air compressor that comes with a can of foam for filling any punctures. Maybe you should invest in that.

The side wall blow outs are a bitch. Had that happen to me. Had to mcgyver the slime puncture repair kit into the torn side wall so it would hold some air pressure to get me home.

Replaced with a tire (same make/model) I had used before. but the tread depth is about 7/32 while the other 3 tires are about 9/32.

The side wall blow outs are a bitch. Had that happen to me. Had to mcgyver the slime puncture repair kit into the torn side wall so it would hold some air pressure to get me home.

Replaced with a tire (same make/model) I had used before. but the tread depth is about 7/32 while the other 3 tires are about 9/32.

I’ve often wondered if that’s bad for the car? I know an ICE has a differential and it can cause wear running like that, but what about a Tesla? Assume there’s some kind of gearbox/differential, but not entirely sure how it’s all setup, especially the fronts.

Tim

I only drove about 2k miles on my new tires I got 2 months ago. And one of them got a flat. The ones before I ran over something, it was there but it didn't deflate fast, it was very slow. This time, I pulled over and I could hear air hissing out the tire.

And Costco tire center employee said the tire is likely gonna need replacement. Because I drove on it while flat and it heated up. There needs to be a tire that can run over any nail or sharp objects, or people who drop nails on the road should be charged for damages.

Such an inconvenience, too dangerous to drive back home so left it at Costco, had parents pick me up, borrowed dad's car.
Parents are great, everyone should have some. 😁

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and TBrownTX
I’ve often wondered if that’s bad for the car? I know an ICE has a differential and it can cause wear running like that, but what about a Tesla? Assume there’s some kind of gearbox/differential, but not entirely sure how it’s all setup, especially the fronts.

Tim
I wondered the same on the tread depth. I had a WRX before and the forums lit up when people said the tread depths were off. Figured in my case it's not that much of a difference...hopefully

Reactions: TBrownTX

Lucky to only have damaged the tire and not a rim.

Thankfully it was under warranty so it was around $75 for one tire. For Michelin Pilot Sports 4S, it was about $200 per tire when it was on sale.

It's lame there have to be nails / staples on the road, how do they even get there?

Parents are great, everyone should have some. 😁
Yeah its convinient to live near parents. Just wonder what would happen if someone lived farther from parents like out of state, like over 6 hours away.