Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Hit n Run in Parking Lot - TeslaCam caught it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By going to court vs him, I would have to disclose my personal info, where I live etc. Not worth the $1,000 deductible
I doubt you will have to go to court, everything will be negotiated between insurance lawyers.

Lawyer cannot disclose any private information without your consent.

If the other driver still doesn’t want to cooperate, your lawyer will certainly try getting information
from the other driver work place by issuing a subpoena.

The other drivers insurance co. agreed to finally accept full responsibility

They have allowed $6,500 towards repairs and allotted 6 days to repair.

My car is driveable, so hoping all the parts can be ordered prior to work starting.

I’m in process of choosing a body shop, it won’t be Tesla Body Shop, since they won’t take appointments until 60 days out

Sucky thing to go through. Sorry...

My first thought after watching the video was, what would the Tesla have done if FSD beta was engaged? This is where Elon's team need to focus their innovation on. Add a feature that allows it to jump over the car right before impact like K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.

how did you get the guys insurance company info.? Most likely, his insurance company is terrible / won't play nicely / your damage over their policy limit, (assuming this since most Hit n Runners are doing so b/c they know they have a bad record / coverage/ etc.)

if above is true, your best bet is to work with YOUR insurance company and pay the collision deductible, and your insurance company will reimburse you the deductible AFTER they have been made whole by the other insurance company. Perhaps your Insurance could view this as a uninsured motorist and if you have UM coverage, that would kick in here.

Currently, in my situation, the other driver's company doesn't seem like they have enough policy limit to fix my car, and most likely will be a huge headache to deal with. So, I'm going to give them a few more days and if no progress, ill proceed with my own insurance company and work it from that angle.
Mine are just a couple of small scratches which can be buffed out at the detail shop. I showed the clips to the local PD and they got me an incident report with all info I needed.

I’d go after the driver. Had the driver stopped, said “damn sorry, here’s my license and insurance”, then y’all could have shaken hands and moved on. But noooooo, the driver decided to make another bad decision figuring he’d get away with it and not have to accept any responsibility. At that point, I’d make sure he learned a good, hard lesson on being an adult. He’s gonna get his butt chewed and sweat for a while, then move on. There won’t be any jail time, probably not even a fine. Just some earned stress and worry.